JBstripes

Thin soft braid wanted

21 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the replies guys.  I just ordered some 8lb gliss that people mentioned . I never heard of it until here . Did some research and a lot of people love it and it’s super thin like people mentioned. I’ll test it out in a few days when it gets here ..  Thanks again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 mins ago, JBstripes said:

Thanks for all the replies guys.  I just ordered some 8lb gliss that people mentioned . I never heard of it until here . Did some research and a lot of people love it and it’s super thin like people mentioned. I’ll test it out in a few days when it gets here ..  Thanks again 

Don't forget, 8lb gliss will actually break at 8lb force. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 mins ago, cbinvb said:

Don't forget, 8lb gliss will actually break at 8lb force. 

Really ?    Not too surprised tho , especially seeing how thin it is … I guess I’ll leave that set up at home when carping 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, JBstripes said:

Really ?    Not too surprised tho , especially seeing how thin it is … I guess I’ll leave that set up at home when carping 

Yep, even less in practice once you factor in knot strength

Edited by cbinvb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i ordered the 8lb gliss and got it today .  I can’t believe how thin it really is … was planning on putting it on my 1000 stradic and 6ft st croix for all around lite duty fishing but actually was a little nervous . So spooled it up on my 500 and ultra lite for trout/panfish instead .   I do love the feel of it tho , and that’s what I was looking for .  I’ll test it out this weekend and if all goes well I’ll probably order 15lb or something for the 1000. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.