JBstripes

Thin soft braid wanted

21 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the replies guys.  I just ordered some 8lb gliss that people mentioned . I never heard of it until here . Did some research and a lot of people love it and it’s super thin like people mentioned. I’ll test it out in a few days when it gets here ..  Thanks again 

11 mins ago, JBstripes said:

Thanks for all the replies guys.  I just ordered some 8lb gliss that people mentioned . I never heard of it until here . Did some research and a lot of people love it and it’s super thin like people mentioned. I’ll test it out in a few days when it gets here ..  Thanks again 

Don't forget, 8lb gliss will actually break at 8lb force. 

55 mins ago, cbinvb said:

Don't forget, 8lb gliss will actually break at 8lb force. 

Really ?    Not too surprised tho , especially seeing how thin it is … I guess I’ll leave that set up at home when carping 

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, JBstripes said:

Really ?    Not too surprised tho , especially seeing how thin it is … I guess I’ll leave that set up at home when carping 

Yep, even less in practice once you factor in knot strength

Edited by cbinvb

So i ordered the 8lb gliss and got it today .  I can’t believe how thin it really is … was planning on putting it on my 1000 stradic and 6ft st croix for all around lite duty fishing but actually was a little nervous . So spooled it up on my 500 and ultra lite for trout/panfish instead .   I do love the feel of it tho , and that’s what I was looking for .  I’ll test it out this weekend and if all goes well I’ll probably order 15lb or something for the 1000.