Nick T

Surfcasting: How many lures do you bring?

Rate this topic

98 posts in this topic

In surfcasting, you don’t have the luxury of a boat where you can bring all of your lures with you. You have to pick and choose based on the conditions.

How many lures do you typically bring on a single trip that are quickly accessible?  Also, how many in the vehicle?

I'm down to a half dozen. And 75% of the time, I never replace the tin with which I started. But I don't bring the same set of lures to more than one beach.

6 mins ago, pakalolo said:

I drive the beach so there’s a bunch of lures in the truck and a handful in the small bag I carry

The public beach access in CT is so limited that unfortunately they would never allow that. Forces you to bring more than you need unless you don't mind a 5 minute walk to your car. 

13 mins ago, afterhours said:

Used to carry about 20, now it's 6-8 for surf. In the boat way too many...

Is this THE Afterhours?!  Didnt even know you were on here (I’m new). Looking to get some of your plugs in the near future.

About 7-9 plugs plus a half dozen combined of tins/bucktails.

Fish multiple different spots with different structures so just carry to cover all bases without always changing out stuff to give me flexibility to location 

One 4 tube surf bag , leather man , some tin ,some plastic, leader gulp, buck tails..one surface popper , one s p type minnow ,  the 18 inch , 28 inch marks are one my rods and still bring a plastic tape . One drinking water .. when I get to the water , I match the lures /bait from the truck to the bag … if I don’t catch them with whats in the bag so be it .. that means I had a good day on the beach …. Lol lol lol