flyman28

CCB Pikie Minnow

9 posts in this topic

I was given a bunch of stuff and this was in the box.  I'm a freshwater guy, mostly.  This 4 1/4" Pikie has only 2 hooks and HD Hangers.  Is it a saltwater model?  How old? Are these eyes glass?DSC_1334.JPG.e022b8dd8f163b30e96c6b64f07509ae.JPGDSC_1334.JPG.e022b8dd8f163b30e96c6b64f07509ae.JPG and anything else you could tell me about it.

Thanks,

FrankDSC_1305.JPG.94c3af65e875afd811c0642aa1fa4c72.JPG

DSC_1303.JPG

DSC_1306.JPG

DSC_1307.JPG

DSC_1308.JPG

DSC_1309.JPG

DSC_1310.JPG

DSC_1311.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CC Pike 

Tack eyes - basically molded in

Silver Flash Green eye color - Silver Flash was also available with a Red Eye

1960-1970's

Glass eyes were typically used in 1950's and some 1960's

These were typically for freshwater

The larger versions of Pikie and the Surfster Husky model and Saltwater model  were primarily saltwater

fish it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Duck, what can you tell me about the Heavy Duty hook hanger vs the Swivel type I usually see and the 2 hook vs 3 hooks usually seen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The normal hook configuration was 2 belly and 1 tail 

Single belly hooks were special order but not overly rare

You are correct about the hook hanger as this size plug normally have swivels and not hangers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2022 at 3:04 PM, flyman28 said:

I was given a bunch of stuff and this was in the box.  I'm a freshwater guy, mostly.  This 4 1/4" Pikie has only 2 hooks and HD Hangers.  Is it a saltwater model?  How old? Are these eyes glass?DSC_1334.JPG.e022b8dd8f163b30e96c6b64f07509ae.JPGDSC_1334.JPG.e022b8dd8f163b30e96c6b64f07509ae.JPG and anything else you could tell me about it.

Thanks,

FrankDSC_1305.JPG.94c3af65e875afd811c0642aa1fa4c72.JPG

DSC_1303.JPG

DSC_1306.JPG

DSC_1307.JPG

DSC_1308.JPG

DSC_1309.JPG

DSC_1310.JPG

DSC_1311.JPG

This is the heavy duty saltwater Pikie minnow (718 SW) with thru-wire construction and a single heavier belly treble. The standard model Pikie (718) was not thru-wired and had two smaller belly trebles that were just screwed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bobtack said:

This is the heavy duty saltwater Pikie minnow (718 SW) with thru-wire construction and a single heavier belly treble. The standard model Pikie (718) was not thru-wired and had two smaller belly trebles that were just screwed in.

Thank you Bobtack!  That confirms what I was wondering.  1970's  or 80's if you were to hazard a guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 mins ago, flyman28 said:

Thank you Bobtack!  That confirms what I was wondering.  1970's  or 80's if you were to hazard a guess?

Not the 80's, Creek Chub was gone by then. I was trying to contact and place orders with the company in the mid to late 70's and was not getting a response from them. I would say closer to the 60's for this lure. It has the name stamped in gold on the back, not the paper label. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.