BentHookzMA

Help for Boga/Fish grip holder for Surf Belt

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I am trying to finish up my surf bag and I can’t seem to find an effect, light-weight and compact way to store the Boga/Fish Griper on my belt. I first purchased a cheap one to see if I would like it and even use it. With that said please see the first picture of the dimensions. Then I tried to find a “duty belt” attachment to hold flashlights, see picture #2. This was too large and the Boga went into it and was at risk of falling through. Currently I just the bottom of a pocket on the side of my surf bag and out it there however it is still large and a little uncomfortable against my back and arm. 

Please send any ideas, DIYs, duty belt alternatives and anything you can think of that can help or has helped you. 

E4EBFEF3-13FE-4E01-B883-636EC8F953E3.png

AFEFCA1D-1909-4AE6-8D17-1F62055CDECA.jpeg

CE5AEF8D-D5CA-40CC-8269-8BA763BB5F76.jpeg

Sell the way too heavy boga and get one of these. Clip it to a d ring on your belt and you don't even know it's there. 

71Q-TilRVTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

I made a DIY sleeve only to find that my Boga knock off would fall out when I took my belt off. I have a simple Surfcaster dive belt. I bought one of these dive belt D rings and love it. Super secure on the belt. Does not slip at all, gripper and lanyard clip clips directly to the ring. Better access to the gripper for me. Yes, the gripper hangs down but I don't mind it at all. 

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 4.12.17 PM.png

Edited by PeteA

1 hour ago, drc said:

Sell the way too heavy boga and get one of these. Clip it to a d ring on your belt and you don't even know it's there. 

71Q-TilRVTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I started using these a few years ago, I like them. No problems so far.

I personally never like the idea of a "holder". because it is a real pain to ge it back in quickly while you are still holing the fish you unlipped/unhooked. 

I ally's just have it clipped to a d ring on my left side, and it hangs down.  This has been my preferred method for 10 years +   

Sure it swings a bit while walking, but on long walks, I just secure it horizontally . 

Also, a HUGE help to avoid leash twist:  Put 2 large swivels between the butt of the handle and the lanyard (split ring/ LARGE swivel) you should really just trust me on this one....)

3 hours ago, afterhours said:

I made this about 20 yrs ago, 1-1/2" thin walled pvc easy peasy works like a charm.

IMG_4388.JPG

IMG_4390.JPG

IMG_4391.JPG

IMG_4392.JPG

@afterhours How did you screw the piece in there. I live in the city and dont have too many power tools is there something easy I could use? Zip ties? Any suggestions would be appreciated.