How to cover holes for belly weights

Rate this topic

TheClamGovernor

Loctite epoxy stick. Cut a bit off and knead it together (Wear gloves)

Dries very fast, hard as rock, waterproof

File it to shape, then sand smooth.

They carry it at Homies

loctite-tape-1999131-64_1000.jpg&f=1&nof

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying this Elmer's Carpenter's Wood Filler. Anyone else tried this? The nice thing about it is takes a while to dry so you can take your time forming it and it sands really easily. I have no idea how it do after the epoxy gets rashed off the plug and its exposed to saltwater. Worst case scenario I can always re-seal with superglue. 

Edited by TopStriperAngler

What's the most spreadable of this stuff? I'd like something to fill in pores especially in cast resin foam plugs. But looking for something could be used on some wood too. Also need to sand down real easy. 

The epoxy stuff is a little too hard to sand to use for pore sealing. Because to sand it down you end up removing a fair amoutn of too.  

3 mins ago, TopStriperAngler said:

What's the most spreadable of this stuff? I'd like something to fill in pores especially in cast resin foam plugs. But looking for something could be used on some wood too. Also need to sand down real easy. 

The epoxy stuff is a little too hard to sand to use for pore sealing. Because to sand it down you end up removing a fair amoutn of too.  

Bondo.

Why aren’t you fishing?

23 mins ago, TopStriperAngler said:

Any idea what happens when it gets water into it?

This Elmer's Carpenter's wood filler is a bust. It washes off with water so it's a no go. 

It gets soft, and with hook rash will degrade.  But under an epoxy coat is usually fine.

Edited by t_man7

Why aren’t you fishing?

9 hours ago, t_man7 said:

TSA if u want bondo I’ve got a quart I’ll send to you no charge.

Thanks Tman for the offer. I really appreciate it. Well I think I'm going to play around with this carpenter's stuff for now and see if i can get to work. Like you say about the bondo under epoxy should be fine. And the real reason for filling the pores is to prevent the pores mussing the paint and topcoat. Almost doesn't matter if it gets washed away later I guess.  

Edited by TopStriperAngler

18 hours ago, TopStriperAngler said:

Thanks Tman for the offer. I really appreciate it. Well I think I'm going to play around with this carpenter's stuff for now and see if i can get to work. Like you say about the bondo under epoxy should be fine. And the real reason for filling the pores is to prevent the pores mussing the paint and topcoat. Almost doesn't matter if it gets washed away later I guess.  

Alrighty, let me know if you change your mind.  Also, maybe give a propionate dip a try.  Guys do 6 dips first 2 in a thinner viscosity like 2% milk.  And a thicker one like warm honey.  It builds a hard plastic layer over the body.

Why aren’t you fishing?