Rock Lizard

Baja flyfishing company

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience fishing with the Baja flyfishing company?  They run trips out of both the east cape and mag bay in Baja.  I'd be especially interested in experiences with them in Mag bay.    I'm thinking of booking a trip with them in 2023 and can't find a lot of reviews/information other than on their website.  Thanks

I started fishing with BFF company in 2005 back when they (Mike Reiser and guides) were based out of Punta Colorada on the East Cape. I booked seven more trips between 2005 and 2011. Absolutely, there is no better guide alive than Mike. He put me on roosters, jacks and marlin on the fly. He is very knowledgeable of the fishery and is just plain fun to be around.

During those visits, I found the area so much to my liking that I bought property and had a casa built- it's where I am right now. (been here since February on this trip). I've since become good friends with Mike and credit him with putting me here.

I've recently been pal-ing around with Mike's most recent guide- his name is Jeff Feczko. I'm meeting him in another hour on the beach- the roosters are in!

It would be hard to find a better guy to fish with than Jeff. He's one of the "fishiest" person I've ever met.

I have not fished Mag Bay with any of them, but I know Mike (and Jeff) have concentrated their efforts more and more towards that area.

In short- call right now and book a trip! You won't be disappointed.