Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bergallmaster

Repowering opinions

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sounds.Ike the fun has begun…….just keep pushing forward and don’t pay attention to the clock or calendar. You will get there….

Edited by aae0130

Ordered a trim switch with the deutsch connector from bezos. Cost 10 bux which considering the connector is $7, not bad. Its actually for a yammi. I had to file the opening a little but better than $100 from dealer. Got it as im getting ready for work so quick job.

20220513_145028.jpg

8 hours ago, Bergallmaster said:

Set the drill bit in the chuck same depth as bolt. Drill bit came loose. Retightened the chuck without thinking and went through the bottom of the boat. :banghd:

Also iirc the end of the steering cable where the rod bolts in is supposed to spin a little correct?  Mine wiggles very little. 

Doh!!  Are you good freinds with Red, per chance?

Yeah, if I'm understanding you correctly, the end of the rod should rotate to accomodate engine tilting

36 mins ago, Kml said:

Your wife drives a car with a clutch? 

She wanted a beater to drive to work. Figured she might as well have fun and get a wagon with a stick which pretty much narrows it down to volvo or lesbaru. I vetoed the lesbaru.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Consider yourself lucky. 

I taught the little woman how to drive when we were dating. She was 19…..she passed her test and then suddenly got the frights. Wouldn’t get behind the wheel again. I have been driving her around for over 30 years…….

Edited by aae0130

On 4/12/2022 at 0:43 PM, Bergallmaster said:

Heres the fun part. Supposedly evinrude is starting production again. 

I hope so. It's a shame not to have any 2-strokes being produced.

3 hours ago, PatchyFog said:

No they are not. It’s just a rumor………

4 hours ago, PatchyFog said:

Plenty are still being made.

Buying them in the US is another story...

Alright! Fully rigged and running. Lower unit resealed, Only thing, from neutral to reverse i have normal throw ( about 1/4  pull back  handle movement before engaging). foward is engaging almost immediately soon as i push fowards.

On 5/14/2022 at 7:51 AM, Kml said:

Your wife drives a car with a clutch? 

My wife used to drag race illegal street races around Colchester, decades before I met her. She hears and feels things in a car long before I do. Turns a wrench too. If she finds a good 1972 Camaro I am going to have to build a garage for it... In her opinion; "if it doesn't have a motor, it's not a sport..."

14 hours ago, nightfighter said:

My wife used to drag race illegal street races around Colchester, decades before I met her. She hears and feels things in a car long before I do. Turns a wrench too. If she finds a good 1972 Camaro I am going to have to build a garage for it... In her opinion; "if it doesn't have a motor, it's not a sport..."

Boy did you score…….