Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

in my search for lures that fly true i find these two to consistently catch and fly like an arrow no  wobble  ! in the one z range

yo - zuri top knock pencil

savage gear surf walker sand eel 180 floating

f4154dd0f34c6720d3a87e8ebb29d33b.jpg

P5hGhaom1D183FGt-DCfEzY4BP_enl.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SS Little Neck popper, SS Bullet, Guppy Pencil, Hawg's Tackle Sting Silver, T-Hex Metal.  I always rig the Bullet, Sting Silver and T-Hex with a teaser 4.5 ft above the lure.  Teasers in order of preference - Flatwing Fly on 4/0 Mustad Tarpon Hook, 1/4 inch (epoxy) eye Clouser on 2/0 Mustad Tarpon Hook, Red Gill in 4 inch size.

 

SS Bullet is available in Blurple and T-Hex in Black for night LC fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlatWing said:

SS Little Neck popper, SS Bullet, Guppy Pencil, Hawg's Tackle Sting Silver, T-Hex Metal.  I always rig the Bullet, Sting Silver and T-Hex with a teaser 4.5 ft above the lure.  Teasers in order of preference - Flatwing Fly on 4/0 Mustad Tarpon Hook, 1/4 inch (epoxy) eye Clouser on 2/0 Mustad Tarpon Hook, Red Gill in 4 inch size.

 

SS Bullet is available in Blurple and T-Hex in Black for night LC fishing.

several never heard of will look them up !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2022 at 9:48 AM, angler management said:

in my search for lures that fly true i find these two to consistently catch and fly like an arrow no  wobble  ! in the one z range

yo - zuri top knock pencil

savage gear surf walker sand eel 180 floating

f4154dd0f34c6720d3a87e8ebb29d33b.jpg

P5hGhaom1D183FGt-DCfEzY4BP_enl.jpg

They make bottom plugu swimmer.

Its in my bag and gets used from time to time.

I have the above also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bassmaster said:

They make bottom plugu swimmer.

Its in my bag and gets used from time to time.

I have the above also.

the red head top knock been working this springIMG_20220612_154652073.jpg.3464aa5b60af81b924957e148e998d43.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2022 at 6:39 AM, FlatWing said:

Replied on My Laptop, so I did not have this picture on the HD - Stingsilver rigged.

1002181809.jpg

I was going thru my horde and found some of these StingSilver lures.  

What's the retrieve like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rigged the way I have shown, a slow, very slow retrieve with an occasional twitch off the bottom.  Intent is to allow the Flatwing plenty of time to do its thing in the current/undertow pulsation. Even if the fish are breaking on top, there is the philosophy that large hang underneath the school to get the injured, struggling bait that the swimming fly represents.

Another Fly Swimming_Canal.mov

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big fan.

South African lure so I kinda have to be a fan...

They cast like sinkers.

Top to bottom

Skinny Needle

Needle

Cone

The cone at bottom is the worst caster

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ZA.  I ordered the bottom 2.  Both in 1oz.  Lookin for something easy to cast and retrieve for top water bites. Mainly bluefish. 

According to their site they don't need much action.  Just a slow steady retrieve. True?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get them up with a couple of quick turns and then the speed you need to ellicit a strike. They pitter-patter across the surface.

I enjoy the 2oz and 3oz for loooooong casts. but that may be a South African necessity or a p!ssing contest thing on my part.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.