The Golf- Masters and Tiger

Rate this topic

Highlander1

I think maybe the best sports weekend of the year includes the Masters and the best golfer ever is still giving it a run. Amazing what that guy can do competing with folks half his age and his body is shot. This is a whole new group of great young players, most of the older fellers are gone replaced b these young folks that hit it a mile and if their short game is on, they are a chore to compete with.

Not a golf fan, thats ok, but we have been lucky enough to watch maybe the best athlete since Babe Ruth compete and conquer for decades, nobody has his mindset and when its nut cutting time, nobody has ever been better. Gretzky, Jordan, Brady, and Bonds all take the back seat to Tiger. 

Looking forward to 3 more days of watching the match at Augusta. Its the one place II might still go to, not into crowds or overpaying anymore but I think Id plunge for a chance to walk Augusta, be better to play it but that ain't ever gonna happen. The members arent even permitted to play it from June till October because of the heat and the hurt it puts on the course. They are a bunch of old rich folks that only play the Par 3 course anyway. 

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

Don't forget Jack Nicklaus.

"A GAMEFISH (which striped bass should be) Is too valuable to be caught only once"...Lee Wulff

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." Most dangerous words in the English language...Ronald Reagan

Tiger's comeback is inspirational, but I still get emotional thinking about Rocky Bleier's comeback... shot in one leg, shrapnel in the other and lost part of his right foot then went on to win 4 Superbowls.

Edited by Mike Mendez

3 hours ago, afterhours said:

Don't forget Jack Nicklaus.

yeah, i think Tiger is the same age now as Jack was when jack won the masters in 86’. Let’s see Tiger accomplish that. Two or three majors after that wouldn’t hurt before crowning him best.

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-

3 mins ago, phishallways said:

yeah, i think Tiger is the same age now as Jack was when jack won the masters in 86’. Let’s see Tiger accomplish that. Two or three majors after that wouldn’t hurt before crowning him best.

This ^

1 min ago, jimmy1956 said:

If he makes the cut it will be interesting to see how his damaged and repaired body holds up to walking all four days. It’s not the easiest course to walk. 

then he shouldnt be out there. stop with the excuses.

Fish come and go, but memories of fishing with family last forever.

1 hour ago, jimmy1956 said:

If he makes the cut it will be interesting to see how his damaged and repaired body holds up to walking all four days. It’s not the easiest course to walk. 

I did it*, not that tough

18 to 1 and 1 back to 18 in one day

Edited by iphish

7 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

Amazing what that guy can do competing with folks half his age and his body is shot.

PEDs are amazing.

Tiger used to get "treatment" from Dr. Anthony Galea who was convicted for giving PEDs to top pro athletes.  A-Roid, a well documented steroid cheat, was a patient of Galea. Galea even admitted he uses HGH himself.

Tiger's 46. He's had multiple back surgeries, a torn ACL and he came close to dying in that car accident that almost cost him his leg.  Here's Tiger yesterday, looking like an NFL linebacker. No way he's not using some kind of PED.

I used to like Tiger. However, his career rise & fall, super human feats and his body falling apart  just like every other PED abuser like Clemens, McGwire & Bonds screams PEDs. Tiger made the PGA, golf courses, golf equipment companies and other tour golfers untold billions of $$ so there's no way they'll bust him for using PEDs.

ped.jpg.652e0ae7941015c57127bfebdd6d67bc.jpg

Edited by zak-striper

1 min ago, zak-striper said:

PEDs are amazing.

Tiger used to get "treatment" from Dr. Anthony Galea who was convicted for giving PEDs to top pro athletes.  A-Roid, a well documented steroid cheat, was a patient of Galea. Galea even admitted he uses HGH himself.

Tiger's 46. He's had multiple back surgeries, a torn ACL and he came close to dying in that car accident that almost cost him his leg.  Here's Tiger yesterday, looking like an NFL linebacker. No way he's not using some kind of PED.

I used to like Tiger. However, his career rise & fall, super human feats and his body falling apart  just like every other PED abuser like Clemens, McGwire & Bonds screams PEDs. Tiger made the PGA, golf courses and other tour golfers untold billions of $$ so there's no way they'll bust him for using PEDs.

ped.jpg.652e0ae7941015c57127bfebdd6d67bc.jpg

He's been rehabbing for over a year. It's not a surprise he has biceps at 46. Are you racist?

4 mins ago, drc said:

He's been rehabbing for over a year. It's not a surprise he has biceps at 46. Are you racist?

I like how you failed to mention that I included Clemens & McGwire who both had the same rise, fall & body deterioration. Try harder next time.  :wave:

Edited by zak-striper