Knight771

Who are the PHILLIES putting the Wood to tonight?

Rate this topic

508 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2022 at 8:33 AM, Knight771 said:

Sweep Pitt.  Can they take two from Atlanta??  They are going in hot hitting right now.  Even Castalanos.  Pitching is good, relief is good (except for Familia).  Will they make a move for another starter??

Bullpen game tonight.  Never confident on these games.  

1 hour ago, fishless said:

Bullpen game tonight.  Never confident on these games.  

Neither am I.  Talk is they are after Syndergard(?) but he is always hurt, no?  If we just give up Odubell H. and Didi, I'm ok with the trade.:)

Posted (edited)

13 mins ago, Knight771 said:

Neither am I.  Talk is they are after Syndergard(?) but he is always hurt, no?  If we just give up Odubell H. and Didi, I'm ok with the trade.:)

Noah had Tommy J surgery two seasons ago. Don’t believe he's been hurting too much this year. Reminds me of Wheelers T.J. timetable when he was a Met. I’d say take Noah and expect a much better pitcher next year.

he’s a free agent next year anyway. Sign and trade maybe, or just wait.

Edited by phishallways

When did bullpen games become a thing?  I first heard of it with Gabe.  I recall if a SP was a no go for his turn in the rotation the team wld call up an actual SP.  Now we get these bullpen games.  

They got rid of Familigia and Herrera.  Got a centerfielder and Robertson as a reliever.  Don't know who they gave up.

3 mins ago, Knight771 said:

They got rid of Familigia and Herrera.  Got a centerfielder and Robertson as a reliever.  Don't know who they gave up.

They basically gave a bag of balls for Robertson :shrug:

10 mins ago, sbcbmx112 said:

Is Syndergard still any good?

Nope.  But hes better than a bullpen start.  

One out of two in Atlanta.  Very good win.  Wheels and the Relievers looks sharp.  Castellanos hits the HR.  Hope he's getting started because Schwarber and Hoskins look awful.

Posted (edited)

On 8/4/2022 at 5:37 PM, phishallways said:

Was Didi G really that bad this year that Philly just released him? Wow

Yep.  Here we go:

Gregorius, 32, is hitting .210 with a .567 OPS in 63 games this season.  One home run.

Two out of three from the Marlins, I hope.  Then huge series with the Mets.

Edited by Knight771

Posted (edited)

On 8/8/2022 at 9:30 AM, Knight771 said:

Yep.  Here we go:

Gregorius, 32, is hitting .210 with a .567 OPS in 63 games this season.  One home run.

Two out of three from the Marlins, I hope.  Then huge series with the Mets.

Took the first Marlins game, 4 to 1.  J.P. on fire.  Tonight is the big game against Sandy Alcantara.  Maybe best pitcher in the league. 

We face both DeGrom and Scherzer.  In NY.  Yikes!!!!!  If we take one out of three from the Mets I'll be happy.  Then take two out of three from them here.

But let's beat the Marlins first.

Edited by Knight771

And what's up with Keith Hernandez?  they Phils don't play fundamentally sound baseball so I'd rather not have to call that series?  Is this guy for real?

On 8/10/2022 at 8:57 AM, fishless said:

And what's up with Keith Hernandez?  they Phils don't play fundamentally sound baseball so I'd rather not have to call that series?  Is this guy for real?

Eh, well..the Phillies have played some awful defense the last few series against the Mets. It’s was tough to watch. I get the joke.

But thats all over now, the Philly are hot, the Mets are steam rolling, and tonight starts what should be a great series. 

On Apple+ tonite, in philly too.