Knight771

Who are the PHILLIES putting the Wood to tonight?

Rate this topic

170 posts in this topic

Not to jinx them but that is one hell of a power line up.  Barring injuries (as happened to three key players last year)  they should beat most opposing  pitching staffs to death.  Starting pitching should be solid.  Big question is relief pitching but they can't do any worse than last year where they tied a record for blown saves.  Gonna be fun.

But being a Philadelphia fan, you know, in the end, they always break your heart.  Let's go.

not enough philly fans to keep this going.  but of course they will certainly jump on the band wagon when they start winning and having the Mets looking up at them.

Moniack finally starts to show something worthy of being drafted in the 1st round and goes down for 6 weeks. 

4 hours ago, fishless said:

Moniack finally starts to show something worthy of being drafted in the 1st round and goes down for 6 weeks. 

Got to be one of the unluckiest guys around.  Last at bat of last game before coming north.

Going out on a limb here but remember that it was first posted here. 

Phillies. 162 & 0 

On 4/8/2022 at 11:45 PM, DoorGunner said:

Going out on a limb here but remember that it was first posted here. 

Phillies. 162 & 0 

Well, not quite but 90 plus wins is good.  Still not sure about their relievers.

The bats were fun to watch Fri and Sat and died yesterday.  I'll wait on pitching till we see em play a MLB ready lineup. 

I think Familia is going to make me upset a lot this year. 

17 mins ago, fishless said:

I think Familia is going to make me upset a lot this year. 

Didn’t know he landed there. You’d better go to Costco and get the big package of Rolaids and get the discount.

11 mins ago, phishallways said:

Didn’t know he landed there. You’d better go to Costco and get the big package of Rolaids and get the discount.

Yea he was already upsetting me in appearance #1.  He's really not much better than what they had last year with the exception he can occasionally come in and get 3 outs.  Something last years pitchers had a hard time with. 

No bats last night.  Snoresville.  Liked the standing O for Boehm.  His biggest problem is the guy he sees in the mirror every morning.  But I'm rooting for him.  

Same for the night before, thru 7 innings at least.  Add Sunday to the list for that matter as well. 

1 hour ago, fishless said:

Same for the night before, thru 7 innings at least.  Add Sunday to the list for that matter as well. 

Very, very early.  If they are not in the top 5 in the league in hitting, I would consider it a disappointment.  But, I think they'll be fine.

Bullpen has been fairly stable so far.  I'm  more impressed with that than the bats in the early going.