Rate this topic

108 posts in this topic

BREAKING NEWS BOSTON RED SOX.........

Boston Red Sox Third Baseman  Rafael Devers ,....aka Baby Face has been offerd 

a deal by the Boston Red Sox Office and he has declined their offer......

What would a Rafael Devers contract extension look like from the Boston Red  Sox? - Over the Monster

Our GM needs to go!

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 mins ago, drc said:

Stanton hits a opposite field flare and it goes out. Talk about a short porch.

Can of corn routine out in any other park in baseball.

Edited by Gotcow?

On 4/7/2022 at 7:04 AM, Gotcow? said:

What was the offer?

What does he want?

Taken from a blog two days ago from Tom Westerholm.

Star infielder Rafael Devers reportedly rejected a contract extension offer from the Red Sox prior to the start of the season.

Per Héctor Gómez of Z Deportes, the offer was lower than Devers was willing to consider. MassLive’s Chris Cotillo later confirmed Gómez’s reporting and added that Devers and the Red Sox are “very far off,” citing baseball sources.

Devers said earlier in the preseason that he didn’t want to talk about a contract extension during the season, and Cotillo reported that Devers and the team are unlikely to revisit the conversation prior to the season.

“We had a conversation with the team,” Devers told The Boston Globe‘s Alex Speier recently. “We didn’t get to anything. But I still have one more year. I have this one and the next year. And I’m ready to play with Boston, with the Red Sox. We’re not going to talk about it [more] this spring. Let’s see how this season goes.”

In 2021, Devers nodded at the Fernando Tatis Jr. contract as a reference point for his own deal.

“I know the type of talent that I have,” Devers said at the time. “Obviously, if people don’t want to consider me in that group, that’s for them to discuss. But me, I know what I can do in this game and I know what I’ve done, and I can only focus on that because I know that the defense is (an issue), but at the same time, I’m always out there working and improving my game. I know where I belong and I know what I feel about myself and I feel like that’s the most important part.”

Haha

This sport and all sports salaries have got way out of hand. And who is ultimately paying his salary? It isn't the club and it isn't the advertisers it us the working stiff us the fans that's who is paying it.

You ever wonder why it would cost you 399 per seat via the green monster? Because someone greedy athlete (which they all are) from a third world country that can barely speak English if any, whom by the way isn't saving lives is demanding all this money to play a child's game

What a wonderful capitalistic country we live in.

2 hours ago, groovey said:

You ever wonder why it would cost you 399 per seat via the green monster?

Because stupid people are still willing to pay it.

Odd that nobody seems to be talking about the Red Sox.

Even to complain about them.

And there's plenty to complain about.

18 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

The Orioles just beat them two in row lol. They the Sox need some serious reflection.

2 hours ago, jimmy1956 said:

The Orioles just beat them two in row lol. They the Sox need some serious reflection.

What the Sox need is some hitting.

This team could not hit its way out of a wet paper bag.

I'm gonna take a big steamin' dump on them... like I did last year

and they righted the ship to the playoffs.

Here goes.....

giphy.gif

On 5/2/2022 at 9:05 AM, Gotcow? said:

We are very content where they are :point:

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 5/2/2022 at 3:56 PM, flylikabird said:

I'm gonna take a big steamin' dump on them... like I did last year

and they righted the ship to the playoffs.

Here goes.....

giphy.gif

Don’t forget to wiped your Red Sux :laugh:

Edited by Hook I

This is not a good team - starting pitching is probably their strongest asset, although not great (Eovaldi is ok, and Wacha has been good so far). Hopefully Chris Sale can contribute whenever he's ready

Next to no bullpen, and this team can't hit...they were already essentially no hit this year, saved from officially being no hit due to the game extending into extra innings (in Tampa, Sox got 2 10th inning hits only to blow the game in the bottom of the 10th). And they are routinely no hit for 4-5 innings a game.  

Some of these hitters will warm up and start to hit...but the bottom half of this line up is full of automatic outs, which likely won't change unless there are changes in personnel