bob_G

Oh, oh. The greys are here.

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, bob_G said:

In the last couple days Ive seen several huge ones. 

Looks like they're claiming their territory.

If grey seals move in in sufficient numbers, and settle into a summertime feeding pattern at the canal? – it's over. Done. Kiss the fishing goodbye.

Several dozen aggressive bull grey seals would effectively end fishing at the canal. Unless you enjoy battling 600lb sea pigs every single time you hook into a bass. 

25, 50 seals.. bobbing off a bite? Canal would be ruined. Forever.

6 hours ago, bob_G said:

Are slingshots even legal in this silly state?  Someone once told me they're not.

Imagine being arrested for discharging a slingshot at a federally protected mammal ( seal) on federal property! :laugh:

Slingshots are a no go here. 

2 hours ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

So I guess a potato cannon is out too then?

Yep, as are bomb-carrying drones.

3 mins ago, littletunnie said:

Know of someone who got a $300 fine for throwing a rock at a seal on Nauset Beach

$300 for throwing a rock!  Imagine if you shot at one!  Who fined him, an EPO or federal park ranger?

17 hours ago, bob_G said:

Yea, but are the greys or harbor seals?

Its a mixture of both but mostly greys. Marshfield is getting pretty bad too. The damn things are everywhere and the problem isn't going away it just seems to be spreading. They are getting pretty ballsy and its just a matter of time before someone gets bit by one on the beach. Its time for the feds to take a serious look into what these water pitbulls are doing to the ecosystem.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:16 AM, capecodder said:

Great, that’s what I’ve been waiting for all winter. It’s bad enough you have to get to a spot four hours early if you want to fish. Now when you get there you going to have to wrestle your jig or $35.00 plug away from a 600lb seal that decide he’d like to take a sample bite out of the fish you just caught.

I thought fishing was suppose to be relaxing.

I need a different hobby, I can’t take much more of this ****.

Time to starting taking care of the problem after hours.

4 hours ago, gray gables said:

Who’s going to know? I say let ‘em rip. 

Me too!  The guys up at Great Point take care of business after hours.  Sometimes when you're up there fishing it sounds like a shooting range.

3 hours ago, babanch said:

Its a mixture of both but mostly greys. Marshfield is getting pretty bad too. The damn things are everywhere and the problem isn't going away it just seems to be spreading. They are getting pretty ballsy and its just a matter of time before someone gets bit by one on the beach. Its time for the feds to take a serious look into what these water pitbulls are doing to the ecosystem.

There needs to be a cull.  500 of each is plenty.