Tagman

PENN TORQUE SPINNERS??

15 posts in this topic

I was just browsing the Penn website, and I do not see the Torque II spinners or any Torque spinners listed anywhere. Are they discontinued or new models being introduced? Please tell me your still making these reels. 

i have owned one for 7 years now. it is my go to surf reel. will outlive me with plenty to spare

5 hours ago, mark d said:

interesting. is there a plan to replace it ?

I was hoping they would expand the line with a few smaller models.

1 hour ago, mark d said:

i have owned one for 7 years now. it is my go to surf reel. will outlive me with plenty to spare

I have a few of both generations, and they are lifetime reels.

5 hours ago, AckStriperGuyDD said:

Torque was never any good.

Says who? You?  LMAO!!

9 hours ago, PENN Fishing said:

Hello Tagman,

The Torque II spinner has been discontinued but is still available through dealers.

Jim

Sorry to hear this Jim. First the Z series, and now the Torques? All the solid American made stuff is fading away. Thanks for responding. 

On 4/4/2022 at 10:37 AM, Tagman said:

I was just browsing the Penn website, and I do not see the Torque II spinners or any Torque spinners listed anywhere. Are they discontinued or new models being introduced? Please tell me your still making these reels. 

They are available. I ordered one in December and received it late February 

The torque spinners (at least gen 1) were quirky at best, dunno about gen 2. A gen 3 with a hardened spool lip, improved line management, and VS/Makaira level sealing would be cool. I think the slammer dx killed the torque. 

14 mins ago, TheLuckyStrike said:

They are available. I ordered one in December and received it late February 

Yeah, that’s nice to know. I already have enough reels between the first and second generation. I was hoping for some new model to be introduced. Good luck with your reel. Penn support is fantastic, and you won’t have to worry about parts for a long time.

11 mins ago, RedGreen said:

The torque spinners (at least gen 1) were quirky at best, dunno about gen 2. A gen 3 with a hardened spool lip, improved line management, and VS/Makaira level sealing would be cool. I think the slammer dx killed the torque. 

I guess your right, there is always room for improvement. I always felt the Torques were a good fit for me. Beautiful engineered, made in PA workhorse reels. 

I love the Slammers, and the DX is the bomb. The stainless drivetrain puts the competition behind. Looking to see how they hold up long term. Penn is doing a great job with these reels.

15 hours ago, Tagman said:

Says who? You?  LMAO!!

Way too big and clunky.  Poor attempt to match Van Staal.  That's why they're discontinuing them.