DaveC

High End Knives, who collects, owns, cuts stuff with them??

Rate this topic

87 posts in this topic

36 mins ago, Joe Paranee said:

Yes sir 

 

 

:th:  :hi5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a few customs and whatnot for hunting, then decided they were pretty much a waste. Gut and skin with a Havalon Piranta then make meat with a 6” Victorinox boning knife. 
 

In the kitchen is a good place to spend the money and Globals are my go to there. 
 

Gotta learn the proper way to use clay whetstones and all is good. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

So this thing is probably worthless but it’s priceless to me. It’s my grandfather’s switchblade. I don’t know much about its origin. He was born in the US in 1918. He was in the military so I’m not sure if he picked it up before, during, or after that. There are barely legible markings in the blade and I can make out that it is made in Germany. The spring mechanism still works very well and structurally it is in good shape but it is worn. Pretty sure it was his EDC. Anyone able to identify this? Thanks!

 

 

F75BD595-97A9-41FA-A917-ECF9874937F2.jpeg

4597041B-6CBC-481D-A2BF-84F0E049AB81.jpeg

32FF60DC-F103-4248-A903-250F0707048F.jpeg

Edited by GoldenAnchor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 mins ago, GoldenAnchor said:

So this thing is probably worthless but it’s priceless to me. It’s my grandfather’s switchblade. I don’t know much about its origin. He was born in the US in 1918. He was in the military so I’m not sure if he picked it up before, during, or after that. There are barely legible markings in the blade and I can make out that it is made in Germany. The spring mechanism still works very well and structurally it is in good shape but it is worn. Pretty sure it was his EDC. Anyone able to identify this? Thanks!

 

 

F75BD595-97A9-41FA-A917-ECF9874937F2.jpeg

4597041B-6CBC-481D-A2BF-84F0E049AB81.jpeg

32FF60DC-F103-4248-A903-250F0707048F.jpeg

Funny…this thing has been in a box for probably the past 20 years until this thread made me think of it.

 

So I busted out the magnifying glass and then put the internet to good use. Turns out it is made by Solingen. I still have no idea about when it was made but the company made a lot of cool switchblades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not high end but a nice set of custom Boker's that I've had for years.

Giraffe bone, rare German celluloid, mammoth tooth with turquoise and other semi precious stones and file work. 

 

 

 

 

001.JPG

005.JPG

003.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

If we're talking "high end" these are probably the most valuable in my collection. Bottom is mammoth ivory. First picture is my most used I would say. 

83DF4651-701B-4A67-889B-C78F0194BD6B.jpeg

2C7042A3-C9B7-4388-AE51-6AE0294BC0D1.jpeg

Edited by bbfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pocket knives have all seen their share of pocket carry and use.   The sheath knives are a little different.   The 2 small ones have been used hunting and have gutted deer.  The Randall will hopefully get blooded this year if I draw a moose tag.   The large Wall,   only if I have to fight zombies some day.

IMG_0640.jpeg

IMG_0691 2.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2022 at 1:38 PM, GoldenAnchor said:

Funny…this thing has been in a box for probably the past 20 years until this thread made me think of it.

 

So I busted out the magnifying glass and then put the internet to good use. Turns out it is made by Solingen. I still have no idea about when it was made but the company made a lot of cool switchblades.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bobtack said:

Not high end but a nice set of custom Boker's that I've had for years.

Giraffe bone, rare German celluloid, mammoth tooth with turquoise and other semi precious stones and file work. 

 

 

 

 

001.JPG

005.JPG

003.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2022 at 8:36 AM, bobtack said:

Not high end but a nice set of custom Boker's that I've had for years.

Giraffe bone, rare German celluloid, mammoth tooth with turquoise and other semi precious stones and file work. 

 

 

 

 

001.JPG

005.JPG

003.JPG

What would you call this style/model?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.