TBYRD

Shad fishing 2022

Rate this topic

123 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, af15e said:

Have any of you guys ever tried a small clip for darts?!

Just thinking it would allow you to change up colors nice and easy...

Yes, little fly clips or 25lb TA clips work well,  Fish don't seem to care.

Edited by fishBAD

DIdn't make it up today...Does anyone have any Derby fishing reports?!? How'd everyone do today, how's the water, did the fish attend?

Posted (edited) · Report post

River level looks like it shot way up today!

Wish I wasn’t out in Wisconsin :banghd:

On the upside… lotta pike and smallies in the Fox river out here. 

42EB1053-3C20-4FDF-9ED0-6E26AD6D97E1.png

3B14797B-C513-4AC7-B97C-824415393BCF.jpeg

Edited by TBYRD

Just got back River Report!

T you ain't missing much. Looks like a great time!

With the rain providing the flow we need and the milder temps, conditions seemed rife for some action. However, things were quite slow. Slower than when the temps were up and the river down prior to the front passing through.

Fished the Holyoke side just before the bend. Four guys, breakdown for each... 3 Fish (2 before I came down), 3 Fish, 0 Fish, 0 Fish; the fish landed were SMALL.

Hopefully, the weather and flow encourage the fish to head north and the fishing improves over the next couple of days!

River Report!  -  South Hadley Side 6p–8p

SLOW NOTHING SLOW

I had none, my buddy had two very small males. Another guy had one ALL day before we got there, couple of herring as well.

The fish aren't in, they're somewhere else...wondering if the lack of flow plus dropping temps pushed them back out to sea...

Who knows maybe with the water up and rising temps, this weekend turns back on. I don't know, my first year in this fishery. 

What is everyone else seeing?!

11 hours ago, af15e said:

River Report!  -  South Hadley Side 6p–8p

SLOW NOTHING SLOW

I had none, my buddy had two very small males. Another guy had one ALL day before we got there, couple of herring as well.

The fish aren't in, they're somewhere else...wondering if the lack of flow plus dropping temps pushed them back out to sea...

Who knows maybe with the water up and rising temps, this weekend turns back on. I don't know, my first year in this fishery. 

What is everyone else seeing?!

Gotta just find em..  But you're still Shad fishing when theres 40 lb bass being caught up here;-)?  Saw a striper cough big enough cough up what looked like a 4-5 lb shad last week.  Maybe all the shad are all eaten lol..  Water temp was 70 two days ago, maybe theyre all spawned out?  Def saw stripers spawning the other night too, big time

On 5/22/2022 at 10:41 PM, TBYRD said:

So what was the derby winning weight?

Betcha I released bigger two weeks ago :banghd:

Yea not sure the weight but I am sure too I caught a bigger one when they first showed up.. Some biggins right out the gate.  My friends dad won this year again so I will find out