luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - April 2022

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2022 at 5:13 AM, hunter123 said:

I always get them in DE. I use a nice sand rake and get some nice size one's.  You have to look for the at the water surf edge, as the wave recedes look for bubbles as the water runs back to the ocean, that's the fleas.

I do that all the time.....very rare for me to find any. All I am using is my required long handle shovel though.

34 mins ago, Frank2104 said:

I do that all the time.....very rare for me to find any. All I am using is my required long handle shovel though.

Since you're using a shovel to dig them instead of using a rake. Go out at low tide, and start digging at the high tide mark and then work you're way to the water. Once you find where they are at then you can work parallel to the water

On 5/4/2022 at 4:14 PM, Frank2104 said:

Try going out at night during the warmer months, shine a headlamp down the beach along the shoreline as the waves recede. You’ll see what looks like rough patches in some spots; that’ll be the clusters of them. Raking or scooping in those patches will get you all you need and more. They’re sitting in the sand with their antennae - or whatever they technically are - poking out.. it creates a bunch of little V wakes when the water is pulling back over them. Once you key in on what that looks like you’ll never come up empty again.

Early/late in the season when it gets cooler at night this trick doesn’t work because they’re deeper down.