Sudsy

April 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

574 posts in this topic

10 mins ago, suntzu said:

Shut down the internet 

To quote Sum41, you can't fight it you might as well embrace it.

Got a pair of keepers in the lower Hudson, one on incoming other outgoing. 15# hit a swarter and the other fish TA darter while it sitting in the water because my line got wrapped on the reel lol  

1 hour ago, Master Debaiter said:

Got a pair of keepers in the lower Hudson, one on incoming other outgoing. 15# hit a swarter and the other fish TA darter while it sitting in the water because my line got wrapped on the reel lol  

Swarter happens to be a decent plug.  

Rigged up some bluefish candy

828AF39B-D91A-41E1-9D32-7B004E4D5519.jpeg

Out front last night for the outgoing. Nice dark sky with a steady ssw breeze.  Calm seas with not much whitewater.  Lost two that felt decent…..at least I know there were fish there.

2 hours ago, Master Debaiter said:

There's something to be said for not retrieving a plug ! 

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

Nothing worse than a McKenna rig chopoff. 

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

Did you rig it up with wire between the hooks 

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 mins ago, UncleJohn said:

Did you rig it up with wire between the hooks 

12” gets 50# dacron. 9/0 gama oct.  
9” gets 50# dacron 7/0 hooks

Perfect

for bluefish

Edited by Goldy

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

Bring glue...lots of it. :th:

Yesterday and the day before it was fun to get the topwater bite going in the bay.   Then out front a few nice fish on big metal lips.   I'm pretty sure I had a fluke on as well but never landed it. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have never asked somebody I didn’t know personally things like “any luck”  or “catching anything” I would be embarrassed to do so but maybe that is me; I have been asked those questions 7 billion times in the last 72 hours and the answer is & shall always be “no” even if asked while I am releasing a fish (happened twice today) 

i had 3 strangers  ask me if they could put their phone # in my phone so I could text them “when the fish are around” to which “no” was the answer which resulted in near fights 

had a guy leaning on his horn for 20 minutes from a parking lot visible from the water - finally the guy comes out screaming at me “didn’t you hear the horn” … I said a heard little but the horn, it was very irritating- he is furious that he had to get out of the car to get a fishing report from me, he wanted me to stop fishing and go to his car - he was invited to F himself with his horn

there is a growing army of old fat men who travel in pairs and just ask you a million questions and give you useless idiotic advice that they read on the internet-it must be a cohort for whom the internet is a revelation. They are leading an accelerating path towards Idiocracy - had 4 tell me that the bluefish were “sporadic” in my area; not a one of them knew what the word sporadic meant; I did some diligence and found out they were parroting what they read on a certain B&Ts website said Friday - and reposting, leading 100 people to flood the area - literally not a single fish of any species was caught 

fishing report - poor. A few rat bass, a few shad, a few fluke, saw some blowfish not 1 bluefish in my area. Troubling to me is I have not seen a bunker in more than a month. Anyone who says otherwise is lying- and this is the only truthful report from me this year 

heading north in the same county for the rest of the week when I fish 

this was cathartic 

Edited by suntzu

Interesting perspective as always suntzu. Bunker have been non existent for me as well in most spots this spring, which I find odd. Actually looking forward  to fluking this year, seems like less b.s. hitting beaches for fluke. 

I found SOME bunker earlier in the year but hardly any since. Wondering what you guys think...

We had a ton of northerly winds this spring and less(seems like) winds out of the southern quadrant like we typically have. Any chance those bunker have been holding mostly to our north and east? I dont know... last year there was bunker everywhere. East, south, west. Dead and alive.