Sudsy

April 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

574 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, DonLBI said:

Where is this RB all you guys post about? Lot of fish there huh? Should I bring clams or bunker?

There is no RB in NJ.

Outback in MoCo last night from shore for about 4 hours.  Wind was crazy but I found a spot that was fishable.  Landed 4 small stripers all around 22" - 24" and a small bluefish.  Interesting thing is that the stripers all wanted a pretty fast retrieve and wanted the plug high in the water column.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Time to rest up my shoulders biceps and forearms ....  

Part Duex of season begins when the blues show

Edited by Goldy

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

The blues are making a showing in the OC area

Edited by Steve_M

Know what makes me head back towards the shore while wading?

Bumped by something alive with decent weight. Right in the back of your calf. Does it for me! Whew, been a while...

I was waiting for the horseshoe hump to begin soon when water temps rise a bit more. Wasn't that by any means, lmao! 

Just for the record. I was less than knee deep the rest of my shift. Underwear still clean! Check.

Edited by Basswiper

4 hours ago, Goldy said:

to me it means time to keep a few to smoke or soak heads for big bass. 

Some nasty fish come near shore at night , even in the back bays … seals maybe near and that’s just a dinner bell for a shark … I know I know they aren’t supposed to be around … lol lol lol 

1 hour ago, Surf bomber said:

Some nasty fish come near shore at night , even in the back bays … seals maybe near and that’s just a dinner bell for a shark … I know I know they aren’t supposed to be around … lol lol lol 

Over the decades one thing I learned about salt water fishing is never say never.  Bad weather... oh you will never catch anything in it... best bass weather to fish in.  You never see large sharks in Barnegat bay ... tell that to the 6 footers that cruise the mouth of Toms River.  oh the one I loved ... when fishing for kingfish using small bits of bloodworms... .... no self respecting bass would bite a tiny bit of worm....  so wrong.  Bottom line never say never.  The fish do not know the meaning of never

1 hour ago, bill cunnane said:

Over the decades one thing I learned about salt water fishing is never say never.  Bad weather... oh you will never catch anything in it... best bass weather to fish in.  You never see large sharks in Barnegat bay ... tell that to the 6 footers that cruise the mouth of Toms River.  oh the one I loved ... when fishing for kingfish using small bits of bloodworms... .... no self respecting bass would bite a tiny bit of worm....  so wrong.  Bottom line never say never.  The fish do not know the meaning of never

Ive been at the rip years ago with small blues and sharks rollin on them in the surf.  It was bad ass

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

Ive been at the rip years ago with small blues and sharks rollin on them in the surf.  It was bad ass

You haven't lived until you had a foot high dorsal fin tracking your surface plug at first light when you're up to your waist in water on one of the finger jetties up north 

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

I was stationed at Ft. Hancock 1972-74.  Had the beach to myself to surf and fish.  Fish were all catch and release.  Huge weaks nice bass and big blues.  Lost many plugs and metal but what a trip.  Saw allot of big sharks as well.  The hook was always interesting back then between the sharks and live ammo washing up on the beach.  Pucker power tripping over a 5" ordnance at sunrise.  

11 hours ago, Goldy said:

We used to get them big sharks on eels in Barnegat inlet. On nights when the fire was bright it was a heck of a show. Crash boom bing bong………