Sudsy

April 2022 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

574 posts in this topic

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

Winter season is over, participation is high the reports threads will get busy - so we go back to the stricter thread rules.

Please keep the off topic stuff to a minimum

It's April!!!!!!!! I will be posting MOSTLY skunk reports moving forward. It's friggin April!!!! Heading out tonight and not expecting to skunk at all, will be using my pink smelly jelly for some good juju. Should be at least a 4 fish evening or I would be disappointed. Best of luck everyone.

Took a ride to the water before work this morning and never in my life have I seen so many gannet.   I will wager to bet it was a mile strong easy probably more.  Some real National Geographic stuff happening and it make this time of year fun to witness.   I also found a couple dead herring washed up on the shoreline too that that answered what they might have been diving on. 

35 mins ago, hurricane1091 said:

Went down the river where a man faces the west wind head on. No thanks. Yoo-hoo whitecaps. Back at it tomorrow

Drive to the bridge, cross it. Now it’s a tail wind. #justsayin

1 hour ago, EricDice said:

Drive to the bridge, cross it. Now it’s a tail wind. #justsayin

You are a wise man indeed but there's a reason all the PA folks come to this side to fish 

That west wind sure made things interesting tonight. It got cold real fast. Also sent most folks packing early. Had a nice 4.5 hours to myself to enjoy the moonlight. 

17 hours ago, adobo said:

It's April!!!!!!!! I will be posting MOSTLY skunk reports moving forward. It's friggin April!!!! Heading out tonight and not expecting to skunk at all, will be using my pink smelly jelly for some good juju. Should be at least a 4 fish evening or I would be disappointed. Best of luck everyone.

Its over. Had to say it. :wave:

Oh by the way. My royal cheapness paid the price last night for buying cheap jig heads at waltermart. They seemed pretty solid and heavy. It was a 30 incher at best. Any recommendations on brands you use? 

20220402_074141_HDR.jpg