Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John328

Perfect Reel for Lami 1084

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

I need some help. I think my wife is going to give me a 1084 for X-Mas(purchased from the Online store). I'm gonna treat myself to a reel after X-Mas for this rod. Other than the VS(way too much $) any suggestions for a braid friendly plugging reel for the Hook? Also, is this a good rod for spring time use or should I get another rod for the lighter stuff? Thanks again for the help!

John

I need some help. I think my wife is going to give me a 1084 for X-Mas(purchased from the Online store).

John

Lucky you !!!!!!!!!!!!! Only thing my wife bought for me was a Zebco combo from Zayer long time ago.

crying.gif

I use the Penn 560 on one 1084 and Sustain 5000 on the other with Fireline. Even the though the 560 Penn is a heavier reel it balances better. the 5000 makes the rod feel top heavy.

Hmmm.. I use a Nautil 7500 on it.. Great fit for me.. But I'll put that reel on anything.. Just love it..

As for x-mas presents from the wife, I am getting a simms jacket and an Avet sx.. biggrin.gif

ErikT

I have a Tica Taurus 5000 from the online store on my 1204. It's just a touch light on the 1204 so I'd bet that would be perfect on the 1084.