Pay Pal Question

Morning - I am in the process of trying to buy something of a SOL member.  I wont name any names.

The member does not want me to send via Pay Pal Goods and Services because he is worried that I can claim I never got the item and then get my money back!  I've never heard that before.  

Do people actually do that with Goods and Services - can't a tracking number be entered so Pay Pal can see if it is delivered??

We don’t allow paypal Friends and Family here - he’s breaking the rules by asking for it. We don’t allow people to publicly discuss other members here, if someone violates the rules - like demanding paypal Friends and Family via PM - report their post or PM - or send me a link via PM. We take care of folks who break the rules so nobody needs to warn others about them :)

TimS 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

9 hours ago, TimS said:

We don’t allow paypal Friends and Family here - he’s breaking the rules by asking for it. We don’t allow people to publicly discuss other members here, if someone violates the rules - like demanding paypal Friends and Family via PM - report their post or PM - or send me a link via PM. We take care of folks who break the rules so nobody needs to warn others about them :)

TimS 

Thanks for the clarification.  Matter is resolved.  

As an FYI:

This happened to me a few years ago with a sale on the big auction site.  Sold an item for around $250 so it wasn't chump change.  Transaction went smoothly through PayPal etc.  Maybe 2-3 weeks later I get notification of a "charge back" from PayPal.  Purchaser claimed he never received the item.  I supplied USPS tracking/proof of delivery and it was resolved in my favor.  I was nervous because I didn't use signature receipt but still went okay.

Soooo....a seller should be confident that PayPal "goods and services" is in BOTH parties best interests.

Edited by FoliFish

10 mins ago, FoliFish said:

As an FYI:

This happened to me a few years ago with a sale on the big auction site.  Sold an item for around $250 so it wasn't chump change.  Transaction went smoothly through PayPal etc.  Maybe 2-3 weeks later I get notification of a "charge back" from PayPal.  Purchaser claimed he never received the item.  I supplied USPS tracking/proof of delivery and it was resolved in my favor.  I was nervous because I didn't use signature receipt but still went okay.

Soooo....a seller should be confident that PayPal "goods and services" is in BOTH parties best interests.

So annoying that people would do that.  Pull that scam has never even entered my mind.  

On 4/4/2022 at 9:56 AM, animalbarrie said:

So annoying that people would do that.  Pull that scam has never even entered my mind.  

It's not always a scam...it could have been delivered and some scumbag stole it off the porch - it's a pretty common problem these days.  

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

• 1 month later...

Also be aware of The old shipping you an empty box scam also is now pretty popular!

I also just recently read that tons of sellers are getting scammed on eBay because people are saying that they are not receiving the items as described or not receiving them at all!

Apparently on eBay they almost always favor with the buyer!

They are using PayPal goods and services as leverage to either get a discount on the item or harvest or steal parts from that said item or have another item that is damaged and is the same exact item to fool eBay!

I just read an article on this last night!

EA