When You Hit Assateague

Rate this topic

cwslagle

If you haven't already, when are you going to fish the surf for the first time this year? I plan on heading down in 2 weeks, weather depending. I am going to soak buggies, all kinds of crabs, and some clams. Probably some squid as well. I will also fish some white and chartreuse buck tails. Getting excited! I know everyone else has to be as well. Tell me what your goals are on assateague for the year? What are you looking forward to? I am looking forward to catching some fish and wonderful sunrises. 

Maybe sometime in the middle of May.. But.. seems like the Season might be early this year. I'll go on weekday's with good winds. I don't have much hope with the stripes based on last year but could be wrong. Gonna spend the last days of April in Hatteras.. Back at it on AI in early October for Drum. Good luck.

Edited by 7nBait

I still haven't even pulled my truck camper from storage yet, might do that the 2nd weekend in April, then from there its just a matter of getting it dewinterized and when I think the fishing will be worth the diesel costs.  I am thinking last weekend of April or first weekend of May.  This rollercoaster of temps this time of year always holds me back from going sooner.