Killian

Tennesse Fishing?

14 posts in this topic

Anyone ever been to TN for a fishing trip?

Being a MA resident and looking for information about Nonresident fishing. My wife will be in Carthage for work and I am planning on joining her for her trip. I am not positive where we will be staying MT Juliet is a possibility. I am mostly C&R. I just want to make sure I am legal for the week we are there.

Thanks Keith

You should be able to buy a non-resident license on-line.  It looks like they have a 3 day and a 10 day license available.  It will cost you more if you want to fish for trout.  I fished NW Tennessee about 3 hours west of where you'll be when I was in college back in the mid-70s.  Because I was a student living in state I was able to get a resident license.  There's some good water to fish in the area you'll be staying in. 

I lived in mid TN for 15 years.  Plenty of good fishing. I fished east TN last year.  Dale Hollow lake is good.  Stripers, large and small mouth bass.  Candy fork River is another good spot. 

I just returned from Tennesee . We stayed in Townsend , right next to the Smokies . I fished the park and also in Townsend , Gatlinburg , and Pigeon Forge. The driving is no joke, a 13 mile trip takes 40 minutes .

There were plenty of trout to be caught , and the scenery is just amazing . We were there during a cold front , so the trout were shut down a bit .

I did a 10 day nonresident license with trout , ran me $64 . Being from the Indiana I had never seen a free Stone Mountain stream . That in itself is worth the trip. 

10 mins ago, justafisher said:

I just returned from Tennesee . We stayed in Townsend , right next to the Smokies . I fished the park and also in Townsend , Gatlinburg , and Pigeon Forge. The driving is no joke, a 13 mile trip takes 40 minutes .

There were plenty of trout to be caught , and the scenery is just amazing . We were there during a cold front , so the trout were shut down a bit .

I did a 10 day nonresident license with trout , ran me $64 . Being from the Indiana I had never seen a free Stone Mountain stream . That in itself is worth the trip. 

Thanks for the reply. Iam thinking of the same license. Thanks again.

I'm a North East guy who loves his lush green forests and gradient trout streams. Oldest son rented a house on a mountain in TN. Oh my goodness. It was beautiful, lush, green, mountainous. Amazing trout fishing w/ some nice smallmouth thrown in. 

I'd go back in a heart beat!

Enjoy.

JD

When you leave jack daniels distillery the guide tells you when you get to the light make a right … and then tells you that’s the only light in the county … I think we went fishing in a place called Tom Ford state park …close to the distillery …  caught some nice LM bass… 

Any news for Jasper TN? Wife is being sent there instead of Carthage. Compared to MA Tennessee is a lot bigger. Lol