blake30615

Music G.O.A.T.

Rate this topic

116 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, EricJ said:

Having a list like this is just pointless.....

because "music" has may variations and depending upon which genre you are talking about, the top musicians for that genre would be different.  This is especially true when you get into guitar and drums....speaking from experience.

Correct IMO opinion I think Alex Lifeson is one of the greatest writers of music, but people are not on board 

16 hours ago, KurtGett said:

Not a bad line up

On the bench for drums and bass are John Bonham and John Entwhistle 

They all bow to Ginger Baker.

6 mins ago, Lagerhead said:

In respect to that, I have to give it to Neil and John was faster on bass but Geddy was better all around bassist

3 hours ago, blake30615 said:

Correct IMO opinion I think Alex Lifeson is one of the greatest writers of music, but people are not on board 

Rush, collectively or separate are all horrible musicians. I can't believe anyone thinks they have even a modicum of talent. :dismay:

1 hour ago, slicedcornbread said:

Rush, collectively or separate are all horrible musicians. I can't believe anyone thinks they have even a modicum of talent. :dismay:

That is just stupid... 

5 hours ago, Lagerhead said:

Mr Baker also on the short list.  He hit them hard!

5 hours ago, blake30615 said:

yeah no... not one of the "greatest writers of music". Nobody would be on board with that.  You are putting him at the top including all classical composers. 

more silliness in the Tavern. 

1 min ago, slicedcornbread said:

As was posted earlier. This is a stupid thread because it's so subjective. 

It absolutely is subjective. However, the extremes are just ridiculous. The person who thinks Alex Lifeson is one of the best music writers in history, and you claiming they have no talent at all. Both of you are prime examples of how and why there are people who voted for Biden and Hillary.

1 min ago, EricJ said:

It absolutely is subjective. However, the extremes are just ridiculous. The person who thinks Alex Lifeson is one of the best music writers in history, and you claiming they have no talent at all. Both of you are prime examples of how and why there are people who voted for Biden and Hillary.

I was taking it to the extreme just for the OP to be honest. :wave:

2 hours ago, slicedcornbread said:

Good musicians from a technical standpoint, yes, but their sound is awful, whiny garbage.

51 mins ago, fishinambition said:

Good musicians from a technical standpoint, yes,

Geddy Lee live on stage.... playing the bass guitar with his left hand, keyboards with his right hand, bass pedals with his feet... and singing all at the same time.

16 mins ago, EricJ said:

Geddy Lee live on stage.... playing the bass guitar with his left hand, keyboards with his right hand, bass pedals with his feet... and singing all at the same time.

Please don't call that singing. :wag: