NJTramcar

IBSP Update

Rate this topic

97 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, crazybellringer said:

I love the passes being sold out to non-fishermen.  Let people go there all summer and we can fish in the fall. If the passes are sold out you can't have the mad rush to buy passes when people hear about a hot bite in november. 

With all the non-fisherpeople there in the summer, you might actually be able to catch a fluke

2 hours ago, MitchellNJ said:

With all the non-fisherpeople there in the summer, you might actually be able to catch a fluke

You better worry about all the poser fisherman in this thread. They had people checking equipment all last year and these guys didn't know about it.

8 hours ago, SG1 said:

Yes it will be addressed. 

I'm thinking at some point the state will completely ignore fishermen's complaints (and ice picks ;)) and  change the rules for the pass to be recreational use and not "active fishing only". Then the issue will go away for the state and they'll probably increase passes to 10,000.  You can tell from the lack of enforcement that this is all about $. 

Yupyup.

On 4/29/2022 at 8:54 AM, SG1 said:

Yes it will be addressed. 

I'm thinking at some point the state will completely ignore fishermen's complaints (and ice picks ;)) and  change the rules for the pass to be recreational use and not "active fishing only". Then the issue will go away for the state and they'll probably increase passes to 10,000.  You can tell from the lack of enforcement that this is all about $. 

Yup, passes are ONLY about the $.  After Sandy, the hapless Communist State of NJ couldn't figure out how to pay for a new motor for the compressor at A7.  The Berkley Striper club and New Jersey Beach Buggy Assn. split the cost and replaced it.

I bought a 12v compressor in 99 because the air chucks were so worn out I could barely get air in my tires.

Today there was a car stuck in the sand at one the 4X4 entrance to the beach. I guess with the free entrance fee anything can happen and will !

23 hours ago, AckStriperGuyDD said:

Six flat tires reported on IBSP this weekend.  Looks like the C street boys are back!

LOL

On 5/1/2022 at 7:13 PM, Jettyhound said:

Yup, passes are ONLY about the $.  After Sandy, the hapless Communist State of NJ couldn't figure out how to pay for a new motor for the compressor at A7.  The Berkley Striper club and New Jersey Beach Buggy Assn. split the cost and replaced it.

I bought a 12v compressor in 99 because the air chucks were so worn out I could barely get air in my tires.

Apparently, the state is got too much money.  It’s now free to get into the park.  I just hope that they also increase the budget to staff it up.  It’s going to be like a zoon in the park

Posted (edited)

As of August 7th there have been a total of 42 flat tires reported on IBSP since Memorial Day.  Dig it!

Edited by AckStriperGuyDD

Call me naïve, but what is the purpose of the flat tires?  I've been a regular on IBSP since moving to this state and am trying to figure out what this does.

52 mins ago, Spigola said:

Call me naïve, but what is the purpose of the flat tires?  I've been a regular on IBSP since moving to this state and am trying to figure out what this does.

It's total nonsense.  

On 8/9/2022 at 9:30 AM, Spigola said:

It dissuades people from driving on and not fishing.  It's a mobile sportfishing permit.  Final popped tire tally for the summer...56 tires.  Thank you, C-Street Boyz!