NJTramcar

IBSP Update

Rate this topic

97 posts in this topic

Met the Assistant Park Superintendent today.  Nice guy who cares about the park.

He shared that due to the large number of people using the surf fishing areas, he is going to be stationing park employees at the entrances on the beach checking permits, supplies, etc to ensure people are going on are for fishing in the designated areas and other uses in the other areas.

Hopefully this helps.

Great!

Permits are checked at the front gate.  So now we will be seeing lines to get on at the access points.  Why not just patrol the beach and check to see if people are fishing and if not eject them.

The bureaucracy at its finest. 

Next year just raise the fees (small increase) and limit the sale of permits. If all goes well, sell more permits & just control the flow of traffic on the beach.  Keep the surf guys fishing and keep the swimmers in the guarded pavilion area. Drinking, driving and fishing just don’t work !!

He seems like someone who cares and recognizes there is a problem and is trying to do what he can to fix it.  I appreciate him trying.

4 hours ago, Spigola said:

Great!

Permits are checked at the front gate.  So now we will be seeing lines to get on at the access points.  Why not just patrol the beach and check to see if people are fishing and if not eject them.

The bureaucracy at its finest. 

Wouldn't it be easier to prevent people from accessing fishing areas when they're not fishing than getting them off the beach after they have all of their stuff set up. Checking at the access points seems logical to me---guess you just need something to bitch about.

5 hours ago, stranded1 said:

Wouldn't it be easier to prevent people from accessing fishing areas when they're not fishing than getting them off the beach after they have all of their stuff set up. Checking at the access points seems logical to me---guess you just need something to bitch about.

Its a legitimate bitch. If u dont think checking trucks at

access points wont create a bottleneck problem, u

dont fish there much. 

Maybe if you pass inspection once, you get waved through the next time.  Sort of a get out of jail free card!

Nah, that would never work :(

Maybe a gold sticker for your pass sticker?  Nah, that would be spending taxpayer dollars and cut into the park's profit.

22 hours ago, stranded1 said:

Because people will have all the right gear and still not fish. They’ll throw out a rod with a sinker and let the line sit all day with no bait so they can sit on the beach and party.Because people will have all the right gear and still not fish. They’ll throw out a rod with a sinker and let the line sit all day with no bait so they can sit on the beach and party.

A lot of THOSE people have what I call prop fishing gear, 5 foot freshwater rod and reel, one rig, no lures or bait. Checking them at Gilks,7 or 23 is not going to stop anything and yes it is going to cause a major traffic jam. They need to stop selling the permits online and limiting the number sold.

Two rules.

No trucks allowed to access beach between 7am to 4pm.

No fires.

Crowds gone.

1 hour ago, wefish138 said:

Because people will have all the right gear and still not fish. They’ll throw out a rod with a sinker and let the line sit all day with no bait so they can sit on the beach and party.Because people will have all the right gear and still not fish. They’ll throw out a rod with a sinker and let the line sit all day with no bait so they can sit on the beach and party.

I forsee a run on snoopy rods. :p

Posted (edited)

I hate to say it, but I think one of two things will happen: The park will "spot check" vehicles, but will continue to generally close their eyes to the issue and allow people to continue using the fake fishing loophole, or the rules will eventually change to eliminate the active fishing requirement. There's no way the state is giving up this cash cow. It will never go back to the way it was. 

Edited by SG1

12 mins ago, Spigola said:

Once again I say unequivocally, NEW JERSEY SUCKS!

I get it, and  I may be in the minority, but I like it here. I may head somewhere warmer in the winter when I retire, but so far no complaints. I choose not to focus on the things I can't change, or what other people are chirping about.  The educational, recreational, vocational and financial opportunities in NJ have been great to my parents, my 6 siblings, their spouses and all of our kids.   Everyone of us is still here and not likely leaving.