Mets season of hope?

Rate this topic

phishallways

5 mins ago, brushfly said:

So it's a torn patella, out for 8 months. 

Wonderful. So we move on as if he’s never coming back. Trade some young talent for someone very good. Can’t give away a whole year because we have a chit fill in closer. Diaz may never be the same again.

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-

3 hours ago, phishallways said:

Wonderful. So we move on as if he’s never coming back. Trade some young talent for someone very good. Can’t give away a whole year because we have a chit fill in closer. Diaz may never be the same again.

Watched that game yesterday, it was being compared as the “ Superbowl of the Caribbean “

I thought he struggled the last two batters something looked odd . Too bad 

If it has fins i want to catch it 

5 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

He was very good but i'm not sure he was the best.  A relief pitcher doesn't make or break the season. 

I disagree. Your only as good as your closer. How many Mets teams languished with unpredictable closers. Teams that lost the faith. Diaz was the only one who didn't melt down at all last season. April- September. Remarkable, considering his track record here. I was curious to see how he was going to do this year.

Edited by phishallways

with some dirty love-

8 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

He was very good but i'm not sure he was the best.  A relief pitcher doesn't make or break the season. 

Normally I would agree , but we were so offensively challenged last year that  there were 1&2 run games that he had to come in to pitch the  8th & 9th inning to secure a win.  In the past our  relief pitchers would have blown the leads, Diaz was that dominant last season !

Edited by puff tentacle

You know what they say about common sense right...it ain't so common

6 mins ago, puff tentacle said:

Normally I would agree

We’ll see this year what happens without Diaz dominance of last year. It’ll take very good years from everybody to get 101 wins again. How the team addresses the need for a stopper is still paramount, and the new blood contributes secondary.

It would be nice for Atlanta to have a down year (for a change?), but i won’t hold my breath. Philly is a toss up as to how well they do.

with some dirty love-

Awful decision leaving camp this spring. Alonso needs protection in the cleanup spot, and Vogelbach ain’t it. If they are playing “time in service games” shame on them. Baty is ready, and Vientos earned a spot. With a clear headed Escobar that is a versatile trio that would play well offensively. Voggy is too one dimensional, but can hit righties.

Pathetic attempt to justify chitty moves at the deadline last year. Take your lumps and move on.

thank you for Ruf dfa..

Edited by phishallways

with some dirty love-

Just now, Fly By Nite said:

Surprised Peterson got spot 5 over Megill.  Granted he had the better numbers in this grapefruit league but i still believe Megill is the better pitcher.

I like the lefty in the rotation all else being equal.

with some dirty love-

Uncle Steve’s wallet will

need to open again , going to need a closer , Robby can hold that early but he’s past his longevity thru the season . I would not panic about it until mid season . 

Edited by Hook I

If it has fins i want to catch it 

1 hour ago, Hook I said:

Uncle Steve’s wallet will

need to open again , going to need a closer , Robby can hold that early but he’s past his longevity thru the season . I would not panic about it until mid season . 

Theres always going to be a pauper franchise willing to trade a bullpen guy for a bum and cash in july.  As long as the closer by committee is average they should be ok.