Jeep Price

Rate this topic

bassmaster

1 min ago, MitchellNJ said:

True. For all the good they do on sand, rocks and dirt, wranglers pretty much suck in the snow.

My older wranglers seemed better in the snow than my current. However, still better in the snow than a subi or rav4 IMO.

Just now, Reed422 said:

My older wranglers seemed better in the snow than my current. However, still better in the snow than a subi or rav4 IMO.

I'd like to think it's the power to weight causing most of my opinion. The "mini van" engine has a significant increase in power over the ole timey 4.0l everyone fawns over.

1 hour ago, Billybob said:

Yeah one of the women here bought one, she's pushing retirement age. I can't imagine how it makes any sense for her, has to be the "image".

She is thinking ahead to being in FloriDA for at least half a year every year. At that point most of the "other" drivers will be much older than her. The more metal you have around your body the better your chances in a accident.

Peace

Frank II --- If anyone needs me, I'll be in my MAN CAVE, rotating the laundry. - C.C.A. - American Littoral Society Tagger w/ 61 returns - Vietnam Veteran U. S. Army,  Grand Pa of 6

22 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

some people like bigger vehicles in stead of driving a coffin like a prius.

How did driving in the snow turn into driving a Prius?

Anything with AWD or 4WD with a longer wheelbase is better than a wrangler in the snow. 
I would say the best snow vehicle is a Subaru Forester. It’s AWD system is awesome, it’s light weight and it has decent ground clearance. 

21 mins ago, MitchellNJ said:

I'd like to think it's the power to weight causing most of my opinion. The "mini van" engine has a significant increase in power over the ole timey 4.0l everyone fawns over.

this is also my first 4 door my previous jeeps were 2dr.

9 mins ago, z-man said:

Anything with AWD or 4WD with a longer wheelbase is better than a wrangler in the snow. 
I would say the best snow vehicle is a Subaru Forester. It’s AWD system is awesome, it’s light weight and it has decent ground clearance. 

yes but then you turn into a lesbian

10 mins ago, z-man said:

Just looked it up wranglers wheelbase is 10" longer than a gayburu

11 mins ago, Reed422 said:

Just looked it up wranglers wheelbase is 10" longer than a gayburu

Two different topics. AWD or long wheelbases 4WD. 
What sucks about 4WD is that you can’t drive 70 mph on the highway in 4WD when the road is mostly dry but still has some patches of snow or ice. That’s where the lesbaru shines. 

1 hour ago, z-man said:

because you and another complained that women were driving them. so i pointed out they may want them for snow or not to be in a small car.

e 4 door wrangler has become the new soccer mom mobile. Most of them will never go off-road. 

I see a lot of old women driving them here too. It must make them feel young. 

Yeah one of the women here bought one, she's pushing retirement age. I can't imagine how it makes any sense for her, has to be the "image".

Edited by coolhandfluke

Fish come and go, but memories of fishing with family last forever.

2 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

because you and another complained that women were driving them. so i pointed out they may want them for snow or not to be in a small car.

e 4 door wrangler has become the new soccer mom mobile. Most of them will never go off-road. 

after the last time I got stuck offroad I may be on road only. But will still drive the beach, which is barely offroad.

2 hours ago, MitchellNJ said:

Surprisingly the JKs have not been made for a few years now. Considering how many are still on the road, I would say the "mini van" engine is working out just fine. 

1 hour ago, Reed422 said:

My YJ was awesome in the snow.  Would climb anything and pretty much stay hooked up regardless.  I've got wider 33s on my TJ, they seem to want to float in the snow

1 hour ago, MitchellNJ said:

OK....JK, JL, whatever.  More power?  Sure. But the 4.0 is tried and true, and sooooo easy to work on.

IDK, the 4 door jeeps just don't do it for me.  Too much fluff, but a bigger part of it is half of them seem to have lightbars and snorkels, to get to the mall

2 mins ago, makorider said:

My YJ was awesome in the snow.  Would climb anything and pretty much stay hooked up regardless.  I've got wider 33s on my TJ, they seem to want to float in the snow

OK....JK, JL, whatever.  More power?  Sure. But the 4.0 is tried and true, and sooooo easy to work on.

IDK, the 4 door jeeps just don't do it for me.  Too much fluff, but a bigger part of it is half of them seem to have lightbars and snorkels, to get to the mall

2d is much more fun to drive, MUCH more. But 4d is more practical, yawn.

36 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

But there’s 100 other vehicles with AWD or 4WD to choose from in all different sizes. Where’s the Prius fit in?