Anyone seeingmore eagles in eastern MA?

Rate this topic

10 mins ago, zak-striper said:

I see one in the Concord area fairly regularly.

I've heard there's a nesting pair in Concord. 

I've seen them at a popular trout pond in Concord where they steal stocked trout from the osprey pair that feeds there.

11 mins ago, mikez2 said:

I've heard there's a nesting pair in Concord. 

I've seen them at a popular trout pond in Concord where they steal stocked trout from the osprey pair that feeds there.

I've had the Concord eagle swoop down and take a 'bow that I released, then the eagle ate it near me. The eagle  followed me around for the rest of the outing. The Quabbin eagles follow the boats to grab released fish. I've had this happen to me more than once at the Q.

Edited by zak-striper

There are definitely a lot of eagles around lately. A couple weeks ago I was driving to Wachusett Mt and saw one in the Mansfield area, one in Milford and another at the mountain. It’s crazy. I never saw one ever as a kid except for way up in Maine by Mt Katahdin. 

I see them occasionally fly by our house along with Peregrine Falcons, Red Tail hawks and 

a multitude of owls.    

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

Definitely seeing them more, and consistently. There's a resident pair here in Arlington at the Mystic lakes that I see every summer. Last year I even got to see them put on a show with their aerial mating ritual! Also last summer saw others at Horn Pond Woburn, Cambridge Reservoir, Hardy Pond and Mt Feake area of Waltham.