when was the last time you caught a fluke from shore?

Rate this topic

Timely question. 

A couple of my boys are interested in targeting fluke from shore, specifically to eat so keepers are the key.

I'm telling them don't bother but they want to make it a project. 

Seems like only a few years ago, although could be more, that we were getting fluke from RI jetties as by catch while striper fishing. I personally haven't seen one in a few years at least. 

Edited by mikez2

Last season, but not targetting. I'm also making the exact same thing my project this year and have done a bunch of research...check out buddha's "proven method-shore fluke" thread. I don't know how likely it is to catch keepers from shore in MA, but im certainly going to spend a majority of my time targeting them.

Do rivers count as "surf"? I dont even target them and caught several in a row one night in ri on swim shads. This was 1 or 2 seasons ago. 

Addendum: one was a keeper, another right on the line. 

Edited by bdowning

Pfantum Pfishah

49 mins ago, Richard_the_Aughth said:

Yea I should have clarified what I was looking for.

When was the last time you caught a fluke from shore in Mass?

never. 

I saw the preview of the thread on the side bar and didn't even realize what forum it was in when I responded. I assumed it was the main. Carry on. :howdy: 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

I'm thinking that there are a lot of opportunities to catch them on south facing beaches in MA, they just aren't regularly targeted because people think it's next to impossible...It would obviously be easier from a boat, but a lot of the fishing I do isn't necessarily because it's "easy"...I prefer the challenge and find it much more rewarding to catch in a way or from a place that not many people do...I'm not hard up to get meat every time I go out fishing/hunting, for me it's a hobby and any meat gained is a secondary benefit.