Goldy

NLBN Shads and Jig Heads

Rate this topic

223 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2022 at 1:45 AM, 27conch said:

This bait being denser than some of the other paddle tails is really nothing new.  

The albie snax is the same density or really close.  I give the company credit for taking this concept and developing a wider body paddle tail.  They work this year.  Next year we will be off using some other new design..:)

Curious to know if you used a lot this fall during peanut run we had?   I personally pulled it out once and that was it.  

9 hours ago, EricDice said:

Is 3/4 ounce the sweet spot for beaches on both 3” and 5”?

I’m planning to pick some of these up eventually. The cost is annoying but you guys here are giving encouraging news on their lasting power. Storm shads have been shedding the tail on schoolies lately. Zman are good but temperamental if placed near other rubber.

And actually all the local sources of Storm & Tsunami paddletails have been out since beginning of Fall. Jig & Zman as well as jig & keitech have been less productive than the storm/tsunami ones in some quick switch off tests. 

Eric. -  as you know from the nj thread I try not to throw Shad’s this fall to see how I could do without them.  With that said the best bang for your buck is hogy pro tail this fall   Specifically speaking only this fall peanut run we had.  Dry durable. 

@VanStaalSteve - I know I started this thread regarding other jig heads.   Have you tried this shad on a standard bullet head?  

01B119FD-9D77-4406-8A3B-C9754BBC4BC4.jpeg

074CAAFE-83CF-49CF-8327-DE1EB3451F13.jpeg

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

Steve,  you keep praising these Shads so much I’m going to drive up and grab your bm collection because your not going to need it.  :bigeyes:  J/k.  

in all seriousness it’s just a paddle tail.    Why all the hype.   

It's not just a paddle tail!!!

Well yaa it kinda is :laugh:

4 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

It's not just a paddle tail!!!

Well yaa it kinda is :laugh:

A very well marketed company. Just expensive.  I can fish bass assassins and do well too

I purchased some of these because of this thread. I tried out the 3" on the 3/4oz heads yesterday on the river here. The smallies loved them  :th:

1 inch jig head with 5 inch paddle tail in yellow over white has produced very well for me this year, at some points outfishing the white bucktail. i've found that they cast well also. the slower sink rate is the ticket for me and the waters i fish. being able to slow the retrieve in the sweep is deadly! 

Edited by surfstryker

Anyone take a swing with these yet?

I have read that the 4” are ~3/4oz, 5” are ~1 1/4oz. No idea on the 6”.

They are up next on my list of things I must have…. The sickness continues….

D2F1165B-54B1-4A88-A848-2EB0C4ACF877.jpeg

779A9ECF-EEE5-4413-B641-9F2AA0F50DA1.png

Edited by Inshore

2 hours ago, Inshore said:

Anyone take a swing with these yet?

I have read that the 4” are ~3/4oz, 5” are ~1 1/4oz. No idea on the 6”.

They are up next on my list of things I must have…. The sickness continues….

D2F1165B-54B1-4A88-A848-2EB0C4ACF877.jpeg

779A9ECF-EEE5-4413-B641-9F2AA0F50DA1.png

Sickness for sure! Lol

I am all in on trying these. I love using the elaztech material. I don’t love rigging it. This could be a nice solution. 

(I also don’t love the finding the stuff melted to an unusable mess in random places - but I would be willing to manage it if the product catches.)

6 hours ago, Goldy said:

Eric. -  as you know from the nj thread I try not to throw Shad’s this fall to see how I could do without them.  With that said the best bang for your buck is hogy pro tail this fall   Specifically speaking only this fall peanut run we had.  Dry durable. 

@VanStaalSteve - I know I started this thread regarding other jig heads.   Have you tried this shad on a standard bullet head?  

Completely understand your position on this paddletail thing. I recently finally got into some fish and I had to try some things out with regards to the shads. It will be in my report thread post whenever I get around to it. (In brief though, they’re almost preconditioned to hit the shads over almost anything else.)

I will be trying out new options for the near term future as my Storms kept popping tails off on schoolies. No teeth marks just missing. WTF. 

12 mins ago, EricDice said:

I will be trying out new options for the near term future as my Storms kept popping tails off on schoolies. No teeth marks just missing. WTF. 

This is exactly why I fish nothing but ZMan stuff now.

Some of my FW baits I’ve caught literally 100s of SMB on a single bait!!!

Once one gets past the rigging and storage nuances, the stuff is hard to top IMO…

Godly, I did use the snax twice this Fall. One trip they worked snd the other not a touch. But in defense of the snax, the second trip, a lot of different lures didn’t work. The fish were really selective . I caught on this 7” white gift on a 1/2 oz jug headed. White Fin S fish worked as well . I used a chartreuse NLBN and didn’t have one strike. Anything white was definitely best. 

10 hours ago, Goldy said:

Is that 7 bucks per bait or are there more paddle tails in a bag?

43 mins ago, plugchucker said:

Is that 7 bucks per bait or are there more paddle tails in a bag?

Just one paddle tail