sm94427p

Flash light

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Look into Nitecore lights.  I have a Nitecore HC90 headlamp and it is AMAZING.  They also sell flash lights. 

Nitecore SRT7GT is a very nice flashlight.

Edited by animalbarrie

I have been using the small fentix flashlights, been happy with them so far. I carry 2 on my neck one with red lens, colored  with sharpie  

I bring a Fenix + a headlamp. It’s a powerhouse. Mostly for blinding inconsiderate knobs who light me up on the beach. But its also my backup. They make a penlight for “hanging” as well.

I use a Black Diamond Spot 350 lumen headlamp. It has a great dimming red light feature. When I get to my beat on the beach I enlarge the headband and wear it around my neck. I also made and added a diy bite plate to the lamp that enables me to direct the light with my mouth. Worked great last season. Rarely used the lamp on full brightness. 

Inexpensive and good amount of light is the coast brand. Home Depot’s sell them. I use them for work. 

For everything else I’ll second the Fenix. Worth the dollars. 

I bring a Sofirm SD05 scuba diving light. It will get hot on its highest setting out of the water (it is relying on being submerged for extra cooling), but it works great and is as waterproof as you can get.

2 hours ago, UPSmanMatt said:

Princeton tec Amp 1L. Waterproof and reliable. 

Yup. Exactly what i use too. Made a lanyard that I wear around my neck and put a red cover on it that you can get from them. 

Most importantly cheap haha.

I like the Duracell headlamps that are 3 for $16 at Costco. The're IPX8, and smart enough to know that if they've been on the same setting for a few minutes, when you tap the switch again you want it off, and not to continue cycling through the settings. They have an 'ambient' set of LEDs, for soft broad light not a beam, and also have a dimmer and the ability to lock so it doesn't go on in the bag.

5 hours ago, Joe Paranee said:

If your not using rechargeable lights these days your nuts 

Having been chest deep in a swamp when the light goes out.  No thanks.  I'll just pop in another AAA and be on my way. 

I like rechargeables, but not in the wild.  

3 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

Having been chest deep in a swamp when the light goes out.  No thanks.  I'll just pop in another AAA and be on my way. 

I like rechargeables, but not in the wild.  

With a run time of 12 days in its lowest setting and who says you can’t carry an extra battery for it.  I also like the option of 2500 lumens if  need be 

Posted (edited) · Report post

For 12days runtime, how big is this battery pack?

It is interesting to say the least.  Personally, I'm not a fan of superbright lights.  Trigger migraines in me, but others enjoy them.  

Edited by PSegnatelli