surfrat59

FS-New Orvis Recon 8WT

12 posts in this topic

9ft 4pc 8wt Recon, the newest generation. Took this rod in a trade, overlaps too closely to my 7wt...no need for it. Brand new lawn cast for 15 minutes, unregistered with Orvis 25yr warranty card.

I'm into it for $475 looking to break even....I see it retails from Orvis $598 plus tax. priority shipping/ pp fees included at $475

image.jpg.80fe096c90a09433c1c616d330bad5bc.jpg

image.jpg.350cc72950575446c946c1e79575e558.jpg

image.jpg.2130fcd02377218494636de44d2ddcec.jpg

image.jpg.500017d3baafd30d6a22ecaf79844c2e.jpg

image.jpg.d4805f439fecb0e433ffe8788d373182.jpg

image.jpg.f2aa8662842cc5433469815ad0043908.jpg

I'd entertain a reasonable offer to move this, if I didn't already have a good 7wt that performs similarly I'd keep it at this price...

Dropping price to move this quickly...$400 cash pickup, you're welcome to bring a favorite line and lawn cast , or

$435 priority mail insured shipping/pp fees included. Perfect flats rod or fair weather NE surf rod.

3 hours ago, Pauleye said:

Would you be interested in a trade? 9wt or Recon Euronymph 10' 3wt?

what do you have in 9wt...

8 hours ago, Pauleye said:

I have a Hardy Zephrus 9wt, like new.  It's not a balanced trade and not in my favor.

If it's the SWS series I'd be interested, have a heavier proaxis that I enjoy. Assuming no nicks in the blank or issues other than cosmetic. I'll say yes pending a few pics maybe...

Haven't heard back from Pauleye about a trade so the listing is still active for a few more days...remember rod is brand new/unregistered. MSRP $598

Sorry about the delay. Doing spring clean yard work all day. I’m gonna hold onto my Hardy for now. It’s a step up from the Orvis in performance and value and I don’t want to downgrade. Good luck. It’s a great price and I’m surprised no one has jumped on it. 

23 hours ago, Pauleye said:

Sorry about the delay. Doing spring clean yard work all day. I’m gonna hold onto my Hardy for now. It’s a step up from the Orvis in performance and value and I don’t want to downgrade. Good luck. It’s a great price and I’m surprised no one has jumped on it. 

Nice rods the Hardy's, don't know about a step up, I'm familiar with their lineup...nobody needs a good 8wt, I'll leave it up for another day then I'll line it and put it in the rotation...the price is too cheap for this rod already.

Ok guess I'll close this up and spend some time properly line matching it...anybody change their mind hit me up and we'll see...