stifftip

Trout w lures

Rate this topic

301 posts in this topic

It was a great morning today, perfect weather light wind and the trout were hitting good. Three guys throwing lures , but one out did the rest. One guy fished same lure and moved the shoreline, one guy moved less and I stayed left so  the guy that walks got 16 browns 13 bows on one lure the other guy caught 14 mostly browns 12-16”  and me I got 7-8   So keep moving and looking around also I have fished a lot of ponds so far with zero activity 

The stocking trucks didn't make it this far west yet.

Close tho.

There are no signs of life out here for me.

I hit a river and pond this morning.  Using smalls and not even a follow.

20220315_110258.jpg

20220315_105452.jpg

20220315_102458.jpg

12 hours ago, bob_G said:

Knowing stifftip, I'll bet it was an Al's goldfish with a marshmallow on each hook. :laugh:

U gave away the secret  ! It’s One x large white marshmallow stuffed with a  pink flatfish or jitterbug fished slow. were back at it again today . also  it’s all c/r  with barbless hooks and try not to touch them water is too cold 

Truly my love for trout fishing would be the rivers of Worcester country. That’s real trout fishing and exploring you pick the river , waiters rod and light gear  and jump in and probe river. The fish are a little smaller? but more interesting to catch . first lure fishing, than flys only . it was a great time for river fishing, also lots of bug juice.. now ponds fishing gets repetitive cast and reel  and step  almost same w fly rod fishing But I’m not complaining  trout fishing is great on cape  for ponds 

10 mins ago, stifftip said:

Truly my love for trout fishing would be the rivers of Worcester country. That’s real trout fishing and exploring you pick the river , waiters rod and light gear  and jump in and probe river. The fish are a little smaller? but more interesting to catch . first lure fishing, than flys only . it was a great time for river fishing, also lots of bug juice.. now ponds fishing gets repetitive cast and reel  and step  almost same w fly rod fishing But I’m not complaining  trout fishing is great on cape  for ponds 

When you fish the rivers, do you use the mini marshmallows, or the big boys, the full size campfire cookout marshmallows?

28 mins ago, bob_G said:

When you fish the rivers, do you use the mini marshmallows, or the big boys, the full size campfire cookout marshmallows?

w/a 3 0z. bank sinker.............

1 hour ago, stifftip said:
  • Don’t be silly  river fishing is all finesse. I use a weighted  treble hook for pogies and 3 giant marshmallows On the hooks  

Better watch it stifftip.  Jocularity is frownded upon around here among certain people.  Gotta be serious all the time. :wag:

4 hours ago, bob_G said:

Better watch it stifftip.  Jocularity is frownded upon around here among certain people.  Gotta be serious all the time. :wag:

Why the riddles? Who's certain people? 

Say what you mean