Raritan bay

Rate this topic

blake30615

On 3/9/2022 at 4:51 AM, blake30615 said:

Never been there. Shooting across from jones inlet. How long coasting at an average of 30 mph?

It’s around 30 miles distance from the mouth of Point Lookout to the outskirts of the bay…..heading east. 

“Shall not be infringed” was the “talk to the hand” of that period. (Me 2022)

No doubt it will be a zoo this year since it's really the only game in town.  Boats are now coming from Atlantic City and hanging out for a few a months before heading home.  It's really crazy..Plus you have the other idiots posting pictures on FB..  Spots that I have fished alone for 20 years are now filled with boats..:hooked:

• 2 weeks later...

I fish Raritan Bay, it's my backyard and it definitely gets stupid with boats. There's been so much bunker in the bay the past few years, so everybody believes they're guaranteed to catch monsters. Unfortunately, with the amount of boats out there sometimes, it just scares the fish away and screws it up for the rest of us! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 11:05 PM, mpm87 said:

I fish Raritan Bay, it's my backyard and it definitely gets stupid with boats. There's been so much bunker in the bay the past few years, so everybody believes they're guaranteed to catch monsters. Unfortunately, with the amount of boats out there sometimes, it just scares the fish away and screws it up for the rest of us! 

Same here. I live 200yds from the bay. Luckily I'm retired and can fish during the week. The weekend....It's a friggin zoo filled with yahoos.

• 10 months later...