Last days count down, burned thumbs and cuts

Rate this topic

RAW

Armed with 5lbs of fresh mullet to get that over 30lb. Snook went 2-5 with the landed ones about 30”. With softball size chunks a good tide, chop and off color .1 was a huge jump and spin and freedom. Last 2 were easily pushing 45” and huge. Both finished burning skin off both thumbs and cuts from a dumb finger position, My rebuilt professionally Penn 3/0 special Senator  drag is toast after 4 months. Fishing a space of about 30x30 it was stupid to think my thumbs were gonna help. (Sometimes you need to fish that spot) Seeing them eat I was standing reeled down tight to water to no avail, Maybe being over 3/4 of a century old might be also be bad as not quick on feet. 3 expensive Perdomo cigars soothed some of the failing’s. 4 more days and I will miss the new found buddies from all over as well as the local guys. They make fishing fun!

D9B17CDA-12EA-4A34-952B-6E56AC04242D.jpeg

1 hour ago, RAW said:

Armed with 5lbs of fresh mullet to get that over 30lb. Snook went 2-5 with the landed ones about 30”. With softball size chunks a good tide, chop and off color .1 was a huge jump and spin and freedom. Last 2 were easily pushing 45” and huge. Both finished burning skin off both thumbs and cuts from a dumb finger position, My rebuilt professionally Penn 3/0 special Senator  drag is toast after 4 months. Fishing a space of about 30x30 it was stupid to think my thumbs were gonna help. (Sometimes you need to fish that spot) Seeing them eat I was standing reeled down tight to water to no avail, Maybe being over 3/4 of a century old might be also be bad as not quick on feet. 3 expensive Perdomo cigars soothed some of the failing’s. 4 more days and I will miss the new found buddies from all over as well as the local guys. They make fishing fun!

D9B17CDA-12EA-4A34-952B-6E56AC04242D.jpeg

Its forever etched in one man soul, I truly understand it but now make another chapter in that 3/4 century body of yours , its not over till its over . safe journey  

If it has fins i want to catch it