Chunking hooks?

Rate this topic

Surfrat815

For normal beach chunking, i only use Owner ssw inline circles. I havent found any better.

i use 2/3 rule for trading. join date, posts, or vouch. whoever has less goes first.

(*member formerly known as 'ooeric')

• 1 month later...

Mustard Demon Perfect 1x inlines in 9/0 / 10/0 for lighter bait and Mustad Demon Perfect 3x 9/0 and Gamikatsu Big Eye circle 9/0 for heavy baits.  @SteveZ clued me into the Gami Big Eye circles.  They look cartoonishly large at first but are excellent.  

F17F1775-17D3-45E6-AD96-954FF991D6E2.jpeg

Edited by dj1975232

1 hour ago, dj1975232 said:

Mustard Demon Perfect 1x inlines in 9/0 / 10/0 for lighter bait and Mustad Demon Perfect 3x 9/0 and Gamikatsu Big Eye circle 9/0 for heavy baits.  @SteveZ clued me into the Gami Big Eye circles.  They look cartoonishly large at first but are excellent.  

F17F1775-17D3-45E6-AD96-954FF991D6E2.jpeg

For whatever reason it always bothers me when I snell hooks that don’t have offset eyes. It probably shouldn’t but it does. 

45 mins ago, 8 & Bait said:

Target bluefish and fish a regular hook. Circles suck. What happens if the fish doesn't move off with the chunk. If they just sit there what do you do? Scratch your balls and jump up and down?

Kind of depends how you are fishing. If you’re holding the rod the entire time then sure a J can probably get you a hookup over a circle but a spiked rod you may as well use a circle. And I feel like they don’t cost you as many hookups as you think they do and they guthook less fish

1 hour ago, 8 & Bait said:

Target bluefish and fish a regular hook. Circles suck. What happens if the fish doesn't move off with the chunk. If they just sit there what do you do? Scratch your balls and jump up and down?

I still need to meet a fish who, like me inhales it's food and just sit there . . . and yes, if we do meet, I'd invite it to scratch our balls and jump up and down together . . . :point:

1 hour ago, 8 & Bait said:

What happens if the fish doesn't move off with the chunk. If they just sit there

There is no "fine dining" restaurant at the bottom of the ocean.

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-