bdowning

Fasten your seatbelts

Rate this topic

378 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, z-man said:

A few extra bucks a week in gas is much cheaper than buying a new engine. 

You're not going to destroy your engine.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:00 AM, z-man said:

The citizens also own the government. We elect them and pay them. It’s just unfortunate that a lot of people make poor decisions on who the vote for. 

We only get to vote for a few politicians....it's the people appointed to these Gov. agencies afterwards that actually screw the citizen to most.

(& not covered in the 'fake' news)

So you think drastically raising Gov. oil royalties, during a oil crisis, is a smart move?   LOL

(yes that's the 'unfortunate' thing)

30 mins ago, bb1 said:

We only get to vote for a few politicians....it's the people appointed to these Gov. agencies afterwards that actually screw the citizen to most.

So you think drastically raising Gov. oil royalties, during a oil crisis, is a smart move?   LOL

Over the past decade oil prices reached an all time relative low at $30/barrel-2014 through 2016.  This prompted oil companies to close production due to losses.  

Oil companies are now just speaking of ramping up production to recover losses over the past decade because oil is now >$100/barrel. However, they and their investors are not too keen on making that move too quickly and repeating their past misfortune.  They are preferring to ride out their current record profits and production levels as much as possible: that is until threats for demand come into play. This is what their current investors want.  They are not seeking more production as a current priority.

7 hours ago, bb1 said:

Is that what Fox said?

On 4/24/2022 at 11:04 AM, chisler said:

Over the past decade oil prices reached an all time relative low at $30/barrel-2014 through 2016.  This prompted oil companies to close production due to losses.  

Oil companies are now just speaking of ramping up production to recover losses over the past decade because oil is now >$100/barrel. However, they and their investors are not too keen on making that move too quickly and repeating their past misfortune.  They are preferring to ride out their current record profits and production levels as much as possible: that is until threats for demand come into play. This is what their current investors want.  They are not seeking more production as a current priority.

Who made THAT up?   lol

The United States was actually EXPORTING oil....& we were energy sufficient, & everyone was happy!

Except the wack-job environmentalist activists, & those arrogant fools who think their 'saving the planet'.

Now we have to import oil....purely because of Gov agency incompetence.

Creating a problem where their was none....& keep the misery coming (right after the pandemic)!!!

And this 'war on oil' comes right after their 'war on nuclear energy'!  

$5.90 a gallon for home heating oil yesterday. Company said price went up .40 this week and .20 last week. Price always seems to go up much faster than come down. 

I haven't paid more than $ 3.99 in several weeks. I don't get gas in my own town anymore but I manage to find cheap gas in my travels without going out of my way.

I fill up when possible but if I pass a station with good prices I top off if I have the room.

No special effort required beyond reading the signs as I drive around in my travels.

Avg prices in my town are 4.39 :mad:. Needless to say im finding much cheaper in my normal travels out of town. 

The gas prices in my area had dropped 20 to 30 cents a gallon recently...but as of the past several days, they're now back to where they were before the temporary price drops

5 hours ago, albacized said:

The gas prices in my area had dropped 20 to 30 cents a gallon recently...but as of the past several days, they're now back to where they were before the temporary price drops

yup......back up in mine, too.......

8 hours ago, rst3 said:

$6.14 for diesel just over the border in NH. Truck drivers must be getting killed at these prices

20220501_204604.thumb.jpg.1c74d19db3c6c152d515b47d39033e45.jpg

I would think truck drivers just pass it down to consumer. Thats what every other business does. I doubt they're losing anything in the end.