luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - March 2022

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

As always, this is the place for your reports... as little or as much detail as you care to share, with hopefully a good bit less focus posted on exact spots, times, and locations. Any and all word from the local waters welcome here, and "no fish" reports are welcome as well; always good to have gotten out there at least, wasn't it? 

;)

Lets hope things heat up in March....

On 3/1/2022 at 10:46 AM, luckyOC said:

Lets hope things heat up in March....

We actually had a nice little run of large black drum at Assateague the end of March last year. I showed up Easter weekend and they were gone....cold front must've pushed them back off shore.

On 3/1/2022 at 3:29 PM, Frank2104 said:

A sign of spring!!!! This is almost as good as seeing a robin!

Can’t count on the robin anymore......

bout 6 weeks ago, end of January, - 6 deg 6:00 am. At 8:00 am it was 0 deg. Sitting on the couch looking out the window and noticed a small flock of birds landing in a bush, seemed like they had color to them. Got my binoculars and was in disbelief, about 8 robins getting ready to takeoff just as fast as they came. 

Heard of some overwintering but never seen it.

Anyway, back to fishing :) 

One good thing about living under a main flyway! Just had another sign of spring. 

Large high flying flock of geese over my house, headed north.... It is early for that to happen here !?!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Perch fishing Saturday Sussex county tidal creek kept 8 all between 9” and 10” lots of small. All caught on a beetle  spin with a 2 1/2” gulp minnow. Fried perch tonight,

Edited by oysterbreath

Had robins in my yard all winter long.  First red-winged black birds started showing up about 10 days ago; that's usually a good sign of spring.

2 hours ago, sbcbmx112 said:

Had robins in my yard all winter long.  First red-winged black birds started showing up about 10 days ago; that's usually a good sign of spring.

Red wing blackbirds are my harbinger of spring as well.

2 hours ago, YakDawg said:

I didn't think they were migratory??? I see them pretty much year round here in western VA

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, YakDawg said:

They are usually our first also.. Showed up about 10 days ago, followed by grackles. 

FYI.... floodgates opened on the geese yesterday. Heard them all day and through the night. 

Edited by Catskill John