Russian Nuclear Forces On Alert

Rate this topic

The Riddler

17 hours ago, Alferd Packer said:

I grew up a couple of miles from the entrance to NORAD. The house we bought when moved to Colorado Springs had a very fine bomb shelter. Two doors to get to it off the main basement area and surrounded by 24” of concrete on the top and sides. It was an excellent wine cellar. 

With all the **** Putin pulled previously in Georgia, Kazakhstan, and Belarus; he’s been able to get away with “nothing to see here, move along.” Activating his nuclear deterrence force is an implied threat to the rest of us and, to me at least, shows that he feels he’s losing control. He ain’t playing chess anymore! 

Isn’t it usually the shark you don’t see

21 hours ago, albacized said:

Part of me wonders whether this is still a Russia/Ukraine thing or if has escalated beyond that

Exactly. This seems like either some highly complex layered strategic bs or just world leaders that spent too much time in their basements from pandemic lockdowns. 

I do wonder what it could cost for his own people to fire him.  The Russian soldiers that were captured were saying they were tricked into this as drills and that they were later forced to fight or be killed. Believe them or not, my guess is that at some point the crew will all form a mutiny against the captain that wants to sink his ship. 

We live in a different world and people don’t seem to want to just comply with what they don’t believe in anymore. 

Just read the Politico interview with Fiona Hill. Pretty sobering. While no one really knows what Putin is thinking, she’s been analyzing him for a long time. It was very interesting commentary on his possible current state of mind and what his eventual goals may be. 

On the question as to whether he would use nukes. Yes he would. He’s not constrained by any compunction other than to achieve his own goals. 

You should note that this isn’t an anti- Trump or anti- Biden thing. It is, however, a strong indictment of the entirety of the West, NATO, and any other country, NGO, etc… who thought Putin could be negotiated with in good faith. 

Good read, but you’re not going to sleep tonight. 

1 min ago, Alferd Packer said:

Just read the Politico interview with Fiona Hill. Pretty sobering. While no one really knows what Putin is thinking, she’s been analyzing him for a long time. It was very interesting commentary on his possible current state of mind and what his eventual goals may be. 

On the question as to whether he would use nukes. Yes he would. He’s not constrained by any compunction other than to achieve his own goals. 

You should note that this isn’t an anti- Trump or anti- Biden thing. It is, however, a strong indictment of the entirety of the West, NATO, and any other country, NGO, etc… who thought Putin could be negotiated with in good faith. 

Good read, but you’re not going to sleep tonight. 

I don’t think he would use nukes.  I would be happy with us just hitting him where it really hurts, his energy supply.    I believe so far this has not been touched.  Open up our oil supply immediately and tank his income stream.  We have more restrictions on our oil industry than Putin’s right now.

When we look back on our lives, our most precious commodity will have been time. Time shared with the ones we love. Don't wait for time to be convenient, find the time, make the time, for this is what you will cherish most.

7 mins ago, RL Bucktails said:

I don’t think he would use nukes.  I would be happy with us just hitting him where it really hurts, his energy supply.    I believe so far this has not been touched.  Open up our oil supply immediately and tank his income stream.  We have more restrictions on our oil industry than Putin’s right now.

Dude, I hope you’re right and Fiona’s wrong! But I think Ms Hill is accurate in her assessment that Putin has nothing that you or I would describe as morals. I think her assessment that he’s isolated, and touched by the crazy perhaps, is accurate as well.

Otherwise, yes, we need to “frack-baby-frack”!