Finland and Sweden

Rate this topic

59 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Should Finland and Sweden join NATO?

Putin threatens military and political consequences if NATO lets them in

Edited by jkrock

This would all be resolved if Russia would join NATO.

BTW, lookdown about 10 posts and you will find this exact topic already posted.

Edited by Gotcow?

2 hours ago, jkrock said:

Should Finland and Sweden join NATO?

No.  Let's see how things play out with NATO as it is.  I'm having serious doubts.

9 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

This would all be resolved if Russia would join NATO.

BTW, lookdown about 10 posts and you will find this exact topic already posted.

Look at the time stamps and you will see this one was posted an hour before the other one.   I can't control others from posting the same thing I did

Edited by jkrock

Just now, jkrock said:

Look at the time stamps and you will see this one was posted an hour before the other one. 

I need glasses.

My bad     :beatin:

Neither has wanted into NATO, because they've been neutral on conflicts. Finland looks to be reconsidering. They're both EU members though, which in itself Putin doesn't like.

Edited by PatchyFog

On 2/25/2022 at 4:09 PM, PatchyFog said:

Neither has wanted into NATO, because they've been neutral on conflicts. Finland looks to be reconsidering. They're both EU members though, which in itself Putin doesn't like.

If they come in now, should they pay past dues for the protection they enjoyed from NATO’s presence over the years while making believe they were high and mighty, and above being a member?

Just another example of Putin stepping on his own dick.   He was deathly afraid of NATO pulling in the Ukraine and used that as part of his "justification" for his "special operation".  Now it appears that his actions may very well strengthen  NATO with the addition of Finland (which shares an 800 mile border with Russia), and possibly Sweden.  Increasing participation in NATO was the last thing he wanted out of this, particularly on his own border.

Along the same lines, he was counting on a quick roll across the Ukraine to demonstrate his might and to further intimidating the rest of Europe and the US.  Instead, most have been pleasantly surprised at just how inept the Russian army has proven to be.  What was once thought of as formidable foe, is now looked at as a bumbling oaf.  Once again, the opposite of what was intended.

And while accomplishing all of the above, he has also managed to further isolate Russia economically, as well as morally, from the rest of the world.

Edited by Jeff270

22 mins ago, Jeff270 said:

And while accomplishing all of the above, he has also managed to further isolate Russia economically, as well as morally, from the rest of the world.

And somehow is still turning a profit! Go figure 

Russia shut off electricity to Finland this morning at 0100.   ****'s getting real.  

Just now, JimP said:

Russia shut off electricity to Finland this morning at 0100.   ****'s getting real.  

Was wondering if/when that would happen

6 mins ago, JimP said:

Yup.  It’s gonna get real spicy over there soon.  Brandon is going to lead us into WW3.  
I miss mean tweets, low cost of living and no threat of nuclear war. 

Just now, ridenfish said:

Yup.  It’s gonna get real spicy over there soon.  Brandon is going to lead us into WW3.  
I miss mean tweets, low cost of living and no threat of nuclear war. 

You hating, hateful, misogynist, extremist, bigoted, hateful, hater.  (did I miss any...??  We need a chart from charticus 'cause I think I missed some).  

This feckless administration makes the Carter years look like a good time.