wefish138

Berkeley Striper Club 2022 fishing flea market 5/14

Rate this topic

101 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fishless said:

If you made it over to the Scabelly table I was seated under the same tent at the table next to him.  It was the clubs Youth Education fundraising table.  If you flew by you missed some great deals.  There was a  CCW that went for $10.  I realized initially I had my BSC club hat on and switched it out to the green Eagles cap.  A few fellas from here stopped over to say hello.  

Scabelly line was endless for over 2 hrs.  Dmag had a few small & large pencils left in Lava and crackle when I walked over to see him.  He had a couple of Dinos left in Lava and Rainbow Trout also.   

Didn't get to make it. We had a family emergency so I had to alter plans unfortunately. Bummed about it. Always next year I suppose/hope!

1 hour ago, Basswiper said:

Didn't get to make it. We had a family emergency so I had to alter plans unfortunately. Bummed about it. Always next year I suppose/hope!

Family is always highest on the priorities list.  Hope all is well.  We will see you in 52 weeks. 

Hey fishless were you the guy who wanted the root beer?  
Thanks to all who donated to the youth program!  I was able to score a boga holder and firminator for a very reasonable price!  All my best 

RC

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 hours ago, RiverCommando215 said:

Hey fishless were you the guy who wanted the root beer?  
Thanks to all who donated to the youth program!  I was able to score a boga holder and firminator for a very reasonable price!  All my best 

RC

Ha yes that was me.  Wish I knew it was you.    Thanks for stopping by and helping with the youth ed program. 

Edited by fishless

On 5/14/2022 at 0:32 PM, chocodove said:

Scabelly had a huge line immediately. 

Lots of other nice plugs and conversations to be had. 

Food and coffee for those standing in line for over an hour like myself was greatly appreciated. Pork roll and egg sandwiches large and delicious.

I left within 20 minutes because I had a call for a family emergency occurring hours away that I could do nothing about right before doors opened and my head wasn’t in the game at all. Would have really liked to spend more time there under better personal circumstances.  

Happy to have grabbed this, though. 

E9BC10CD-C184-4438-A71B-635E16F9EE5A.jpeg

I sat with Ron for a bit after my line died down.. what a nice ****ing guy!!!

On 5/14/2022 at 0:32 PM, chocodove said:

Scabelly had a huge line immediately. 

Lots of other nice plugs and conversations to be had. 

Food and coffee for those standing in line for over an hour like myself was greatly appreciated. Pork roll and egg sandwiches large and delicious.

I left within 20 minutes because I had a call for a family emergency occurring hours away that I could do nothing about right before doors opened and my head wasn’t in the game at all. Would have really liked to spend more time there under better personal circumstances.  

Happy to have grabbed this, though. 

E9BC10CD-C184-4438-A71B-635E16F9EE5A.jpeg

I picked up 2 myself.. we swapped.. gave him a 7" glider ;)

20220520_062709.jpg

3 hours ago, Scabelly said:

I sat with Ron for a bit after my line died down.. what a nice ****ing guy!!!

He really is! Two nice ones you grabbed there. 

Also, I am surprised your line "died down" at all :). I'd have been in it under different circumstances. Next time!

1 hour ago, chocodove said:

He really is! Two nice ones you grabbed there. 

Also, I am surprised your line "died down" at all :). I'd have been in it under different circumstances. Next time!

That popper I showed, Ron called "The fishfinder" love it!!!!

2hrs into the show I had a few minutes to walk around lol.. grabbed a pile of deer tails.. couple old school plugs too.. perfect!

On 5/20/2022 at 3:16 PM, Darth Baiter said:

@Scabelly  Thanks again for your generous vendor 50/50 donation to the BSC Youth Education Fund.  Hope to see you again next year.

DB

Absolutely Sir!

After a morning like I had.. there was no way I walking away with that loot no way lol 

Absolutely next year.. I refer to the Berkeley show as "my show" lolol not as in its mine but as in its my favorite.. gets me to the locals and I even love the work I put into it.. I get to show myself in person.. handshake alone can tell a lot ;)

Your show has had a great following since looong before me lol so I thank you guys too for havn me..

ps.. if I win the 50/50 again I'm giving it back again lolol 

Scabelly