wefish138

Berkeley Striper Club 2022 fishing flea market 5/14

Rate this topic

101 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, plugchucker said:

Or, join the club and find out. I’m betting the members put in quite a bit of thier time to organize, set up, run and break down the show. I’m not a member, but understand the reality behind setting up something like this year after year for ALL to enjoy. He answered your question. If you don’t like the answer or have an issue with it…don’t go. I have no problems with members getting some preferential treatment, ever hear the saying “membership has its privileges?”

He didnt really answer the question, more dodged it.  Which is my point, just tell people thats the case.  I have no problem with members having advantages, just dont act like joe shmo can get a cyclone troller.

Just now, bbfish said:

He didnt really answer the question, more dodged it.  Which is my point, just tell people thats the case.  I have no problem with members having advantages, just dont act like joe shmo can get a cyclone troller.

If you have no problems then why the post? Thier playground, thier rules, don’t like em, don’t go.

Its a cool thing that they spend a lot of time organizing to pull off for all of us. 

1 min ago, plugchucker said:

If you have no problems then why the post? Thier playground, thier rules, don’t like em, don’t go.

Its a cool thing that they spend a lot of time organizing to pull off for all of us. 

I was literally asking about the rules.  This is the internet, welcome.

8 hours ago, plugchucker said:

It is their right to set the rules. No arguments here but it is also the right of everyone else to know the rules before taking a three or four hours ride in hope they will get the same chance as EVERYONE else to score the plugs of their dreams.

@bbfish asked simply if the rules this year are the same as previous years. I don’t see anything wrong in his question. Do you?

10 hours ago, bbfish said:

Nah. You weren’t. You didn’t get a cyclone troller one show, and then got told members get in line early and are permitted to buy a dozen of each plug before the public comes in. You wanted to be “that guy” in this thread. You have a nice day now. I’m done here.

1 hour ago, plugchucker said:

Nah. You weren’t. You didn’t get a cyclone troller one show, and then got told members get in line early and are permitted to buy a dozen of each plug before the public comes in. You wanted to be “that guy” in this thread. You have a nice day now. I’m done here.

Take care now!

11 hours ago, bbfish said:

Pretty sure I answered you but I will try one final time.  You will NOT see clube members inside lined up at any vendor table before the show starts..  Vendors are NOT permitted to sell before the show starts.  Once the show opens you have just as much of a chance at a plug from any vendor as anyone else.  Hope that.helps and hope to see.you at the show.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

4 mins ago, fishless said:

Pretty sure I answered you but I will try one final time.  You will NOT see clube members inside lined up at any vendor table before the show starts..  Vendors are NOT permitted to sell before the show starts.  Once the show opens you have just as much of a chance at a plug from any vendor as anyone else.  Hope that.helps and hope to see.you at the show.  

Ok maybe I'll clarify, there's a line outside of the area yes?  Do the members have to go outside and wait in line after they are done setting up or are they already inside the area and get to line up wherever they want before/as people get let in?

Im asking if members still have an advantage over people outside.  It's fine if they do, I'm just asking for a clear answer.  In the past they did, this has been discussed at length.  If that's changed I might swing down.

Edited by bbfish

1 hour ago, bbfish said:

Ok maybe I'll clarify, there's a line outside of the area yes?  Do the members have to go outside and wait in line after they are done setting up or are they already inside the area and get to line up wherever they want before/as people get let in?

Im asking if members still have an advantage over people outside.  It's fine if they do, I'm just asking for a clear answer.  In the past they did, this has been discussed at length.  If that's changed I might swing down.

All members have to clear the area.  We will be outside with you.  If you plan on coming I'll buy you a coffee while we wait.  We will have the food vendors outside and available for everyone waiting for the show to begin. 

Edited by fishless

On 5/5/2022 at 9:38 AM, Goldy said:

Is there a RAIN Date if it rains?

Sunday the 15th.  This weekend looks like a washout, glad it's next weekend. 

12 mins ago, Darth Baiter said:

Sunday the 15th.  This weekend looks like a washout, glad it's next weekend. 

Thx. My head was confused i thought it was tomorrow

On 5/6/2022 at 7:17 AM, bbfish said:

What would be the proper way to do it? After setting up members go to the back of the line because they couldn’t wait in line? 

9 hours ago, wefish138 said:

What would be the proper way to do it? After setting up members go to the back of the line because they couldn’t wait in line? 

I don't mind how it's done, I was just looking for some transparency. Fishless cleared it up. 

And that's the way surf day has worked in the past, and I think that model has worked best.

Edited by bbfish

11 hours ago, wefish138 said:

You have a good point there.

At one time vendors would take preorders that were prepaid, lefty did.

Edited by LB