wefish138

Berkeley Striper Club 2022 fishing flea market 5/14

Rate this topic

101 posts in this topic

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2022 at 5:41 PM, gcjeep14 said:

Who makes the small darters ?

Those are in fact Darby Creeks and I believe they are about 4 inches in length. 

10 mins ago, fishless said:

Those are in fact Darby Creeks and I believe they are about 4 inches in length. 

Nice looking, they have no cut angled lip, do they dart or just swim like a Yozuri?

Just now, Highlander1 said:

Nice looking, they have no cut angled lip, do they dart or just swim like a Yozuri?

Funny thing is I do own one but never test casted it.  Only use at night when I cant get a visual on how it behaves.  Based on feel and when I throw in a twitch it has a similar kind of feel to it. 

On 4/30/2022 at 8:44 PM, Local24 SSP said:

Looks like Darby creek to me. Imo, pics are a little deceiving, those darters aren’t all that small 

Not the best pic but actually they are smaller than 4" coming in at 3.75"

20220503_161501.jpg

1 min ago, bbfish said:

Is it still the deal where members get first shot at any plugs they want first?

Like last year the show is out in an open field.  Nothing is hidden behind a curtain.  Vendors are not permitted to sell before the show beings. 

Just now, fishless said:

Like last year the show is out in an open field.  Nothing is hidden behind a curtain.  Vendors are not permitted to sell before the show beings. 

Right but arent members allowed to line up at tables before the bell rings?

Just now, bbfish said:

Right but arent members allowed to line up at tables before the bell rings?

Usually after setup is complete members will fall into line.  I will be there to assist with the setup and then spell other members running various tables such as the clubs fund raising table etc.  Like I said, it's an outdoor show for all to see how the club runs it. 

13 mins ago, fishless said:

Usually after setup is complete members will fall into line.  I will be there to assist with the setup and then spell other members running various tables such as the clubs fund raising table etc.  Like I said, it's an outdoor show for all to see how the club runs it. 

I understand its outdoors.  It's probably just good form to let the public know that members get first cracks at plugs right?

18 mins ago, bbfish said:

I understand its outdoors.  It's probably just good form to let the public know that members get first cracks at plugs right?

I'm not sure how else to answer your question.  Nobody will be inside lining up at any tables and vendors are not permitted to sell to anyone prior to gates opening.  And if you are in the line you will be able to see this in person.  If you see otherwise you can call over anyone from the show staff and point out a violation and it will be taken care of. 

Just now, fishless said:

I'm not sure how else to answer your question.  Nobody will be inside lining up at any tables and vendors are not permitted to sell to anyone prior to gates opening.  And if you are in the line you will be able to see this in person.  If you see otherwise you can call over anyone from the show staff and point out a violation and it will be taken care of. 

I don't think its too difficult to answer, you're kinda dancing around it.  In the past it was clear members got first shot at plugs, whether or not that's just because they get to line up first or not, I'm not sure how it works now, that's why I was asking.  In the past the members seemed to dance around the answer as well when this was asked, which I dont think as right to advertise all these great plug builders, when non members had a very low chance of obtaining one of the most sought after.  If that has changed, great.

5 hours ago, bbfish said:

I don't think its too difficult to answer, you're kinda dancing around it.  In the past it was clear members got first shot at plugs, whether or not that's just because they get to line up first or not, I'm not sure how it works now, that's why I was asking.  In the past the members seemed to dance around the answer as well when this was asked, which I dont think as right to advertise all these great plug builders, when non members had a very low chance of obtaining one of the most sought after.  If that has changed, great.

Or, join the club and find out. I’m betting the members put in quite a bit of thier time to organize, set up, run and break down the show. I’m not a member, but understand the reality behind setting up something like this year after year for ALL to enjoy. He answered your question. If you don’t like the answer or have an issue with it…don’t go. I have no problems with members getting some preferential treatment, ever hear the saying “membership has its privileges?”