1st IBSP trip this weekend

gobigblue

i have all the req gear and just enough common sense to stay out of trouble, but i always expect the unexpected.  taking my 1st trip this weekend with my boys aged 6 and 10.  will probably jump on at gillikins and head all the way south to the end.  will make a few stops and cast but have no expectation of catching anything.  is there anything for the kids to do along the way, or in the area playgrounds, museum, seals on the back bay side etc.  also wondering if anyone uses a VHF while out there in the offseason just in case and what channel.  i have a handheld, hope to never need to use it, but maybe someone else would need help and its always packed in back for when i go kayak fishing anyway.  might stop at popcorn zoo on the way home, if we're up for it.  any and all advice appreciated, im an overthinker if you couldnt tell.

1 min ago, crazybellringer said:

Wrong already, stay away from gilkins and don't cross the bathing beach.  Gilkins is always soft and and un even.  So this time of year with less traffic those two spots will be bad.  if you are just going for a drive go on at the end and go to the inlet. 

The kids might enjoy the bronco bucking ride through the entrance though.

"I was a waste of time dumbasses"  Sevenxseventy1

Just now, crazybellringer said:

Wrong already, stay away from gilkins and don't cross the bathing beach.  Gilkins is always soft and and un even.  So this time of year with less traffic those two spots will be bad.  if you are just going for a drive go on at the end and go to the inlet. 

thanks.  that woulda sucked for our 1st trip.  

5 hours ago, crazybellringer said:

Also buy recovery tracks they are cheap and they work. 

I have never used these (never been stuck driving since 1986 at IBSP and neighboring beaches), but have been thinking about getting them for assist to others - should I have 4, or is two sufficient on the beach?

Pt. Pleasant Boardwalk has Jenkinsons Aquarium, penguins, seals, etc. kids seem to love it, its about 10 miles north. This time of year not much going on, some inside games at the boardwalk and out for lunch. Enjoy.  This weekend is the "Polar Plunge' in Seaside, folks will go swimming in the ocean on Saturday to raise $$, probably be thousands, little parking and  a bunch of drunks. Enjoy!

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

26 mins ago, FlatWing said:

I have never used these (never been stuck driving since 1986 at IBSP and neighboring beaches), but have been thinking about getting them for assist to others - should I have 4, or is two sufficient on the beach?

I only have two. I lent them to someone that was stuck and they got right out.  

20 mins ago, gobigblue said:

Easy peasy.  Cant wait to get my 6 16" fluke lol

20220226_124059.jpg

Check it out! Nice truck and seems you guys enjoyed the day!

You'll get the fluke it the summer! 

Glad you didn't listen to bellringer ill bet lolol..

Crushed barbs save fish, keep that rod bent! 

On 2/26/2022 at 5:41 PM, Buckscorider said:

Check it out! Nice truck and seems you guys enjoyed the day!

You'll get the fluke it the summer! 

Glad you didn't listen to bellringer ill bet lolol..

Looks like he is right. in the area I told him to go notice how flat it is? Im the mayor of that park and chumslick is the king of fluke ask around. Even the cops love me there.