hunter123

De surf tags.

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, aguyinde said:

with gas prices i wonder how many of those tags bought will ever be used

I'm going to make good use of mine no matter the gas price. I'll never let bedumb ruin my sport.  There's a will there's away. Tight lines.

Edited by hunter123

On 3/11/2022 at 8:45 AM, aguyinde said:

with gas prices i wonder how many of those tags bought will ever be used

Nothing will stop the rebel rousing- out of state invaders- from ransacking our beaches from 5/25-9/3...not even $8 / gal gas

2 hours ago, hot tuna said:

Nothing will stop the rebel rousing- out of state invaders- from ransacking our beaches from 5/25-9/3...not even $8 / gal gas

Uh...that would be me.  'Cept the rebel rousing and ransacking left me behind years ago.  I am an out of state invader but since I was raised in Sussex County that gives me some legitimate claim.  But I absolutely agree with tuna...

4 hours ago, hot tuna said:

Sounds to me like "rebel rouser" or not, out of staters are not welcomed very warmly by DE fisherman. :mad:

CWslagle, don't judge all the De surf fisherman on the remarks of a few  miserable people for what ever reason they have. I lived and fished the DE seashore since 1966 to the present, I lived in DE from 1965 till 1979, I left because of bussing.I worked in DE for 30 years. Not once have I ever heard a De resident say they didn't like  out of state fisherman, it's the clowns that eat up a surf tag and don't fish or follow the law. I'm sure that's who they mean. I'm always welcomed when I go eat or buy equipment at the DE B & T's, and resturants. They love out of state money. I don't take it to hart , it's probably people that didn't get a tag. Oh Well, I love the state of DE, I have property near A.I.Va, and in O.C. Md 20 min from A.I. . But I still like the De sea shore.  I love fishing IRI.I have some of my best surf fishing memeories from there. My kids learned how to fish there. Let's all hope we can start fishing ASAP. tight lines.

2 hours ago, cwslagle said:

Sounds to me like "rebel rouser" or not, out of staters are not welcomed very warmly by DE fisherman. :mad:

15 hours ago, hot tuna said:

Those dates don’t even matter any more unfortunately. The last few years it’s been crowded from March in to December. Even a nice weekend in the dead of winter can bring near summer level traffic these days. It seems like over the last 4 or 5 years we’ve pretty much lost our “locals summer” in September/October but it’s been especially bad in the new covid era for some reason. 

This is the first year i didnt get a tag since i was old enough to buy one.  I may still get the off season one.  I am just really disappointed that since I was working and didnt have the ability to keep trying to get a tag, I was unable.  

It was more of a statement of how many weekly travelers wont be making as many trips this year because of how much it will cost them to come down, or the entrance areas will be loaded up so they dont burn fuel driving up the beach

Any news on more tags to be sold? So many people reported buying more than one tag during the mess refreshing frozen pages. Can't they return the ones they don't want?

11 hours ago, Esoxhunter said:

Any news on more tags to be sold? So many people reported buying more than one tag during the mess refreshing frozen pages. Can't they return the ones they don't want?

I heard the excess tags were already given to the firefighters but I haven’t seen any confirmation on that. The state never said anything about it after the initial flustercluck the day they sold out. I was hoping to watch the madness if they released extra tags like they did last year. 

Off peak tags are still available for anybody who isn’t limited to fishing weekends or holidays which are the worst days to go out anyway 

5 hours ago, Beachman22 said:

I've heard that next year their taking the cap off. go unlimited.

Great. It'll be like South Beach or Ramp 55 on a 4th of July weekend. :mad:

On 3/13/2022 at 5:06 AM, hot tuna said:

Yep but they keep DE green by bringing MONEY!!!

On 4/26/2022 at 5:57 PM, Surf bomber said:

I hear assetesguev is buggy … are the de beaches buggy ? 

Talking about bugs, I was in the Navy with a guy who used to say, "the only thing worse that a dog with fleas is a horse with a buggy behind".  Our beaches are not as buggy as they were in the 1950s.