Niffty

He's doing a podcast

27 posts in this topic

Just now, Niffty said:

Not my way of doing things. It wouldn't fix anything. 

agreed. 

one can dream though

I used to manage a team of 7 when I worked in broadcast TV.  That can be a pretty stressful environment and yelling is tolerated because in the after we all sit down post mortem to discuss a problem and ID why it happened and how to avoid it going frwd.  Yelling allows us to blow of steam in the moment of the highest pressure.  And were all back to friends in the after.

I'm now in an office environment.  That same method does not work here.  My team leader came to my workspace to address a coworker.  The conversation started with expectations of the subordinate and escalated into an all out argument.  I would have liked to have seen my team leader pull my coworker into a conference room to have the conversation.  I don't want to know what it is about my coworker that my team leader finds offensive.  That's personal stuff that's awkward to be shared to an entire floor of people.  However, I'm not upset and want to cry cause I'm sensitive.  It's just awkward to be around that argument in public. 

4 mins ago, fishless said:

I used to manage a team of 7 when I worked in broadcast TV.

well EXCUUUSSSEE ME!!!

Just now, Nite_Bite_00 said:

well EXCUUUSSSEE ME!!!

That made me laugh, like a real laugh.  Now I got Steve Martin in my head. 

1 min ago, fishless said:

i want to post a pic of him as well. too busy at work though. classic.

1 min ago, fishless said:

i didn't even read the rest of your post, just the first sentence.

Just now, Nite_Bite_00 said:

i want to post a pic of him as well. too busy at work though. classic.

All we need is a stock photo of JMB. 

13 mins ago, fishless said:

I used to manage a team of 7 when I worked in broadcast TV.  That can be a pretty stressful environment and yelling is tolerated because in the after we all sit down post mortem to discuss a problem and ID why it happened and how to avoid it going frwd.  Yelling allows us to blow of steam in the moment of the highest pressure.  And were all back to friends in the after.

I'm now in an office environment.  That same method does not work here.  My team leader came to my workspace to address a coworker.  The conversation started with expectations of the subordinate and escalated into an all out argument.  I would have liked to have seen my team leader pull my coworker into a conference room to have the conversation.  I don't want to know what it is about my coworker that my team leader finds offensive.  That's personal stuff that's awkward to be shared to an entire floor of people.  However, I'm not upset and want to cry cause I'm sensitive.  It's just awkward to be around that argument in public. 

Right. And you don't want to be challenged by a coworker/subordinate in front of subordinates when addressing an issue to everyone so that we all know what's expected. 

I should have left it alone when he wouldn't answer the question. 

Posted (edited)

2 mins ago, Niffty said:

Right. And you don't want to be challenged by a coworker/subordinate in front of subordinates when addressing an issue to everyone so that we all know what's expected. 

I should have left it alone when he wouldn't answer the question. 

Hindsight is 20/20.  You'll handle it better next time if your called back into it.  Otherwise enjoy being out of it.  The Boss man has the hands on now. 

Edited by fishless

Just now, fishless said:

Hindsight is 20/20.  You'll handle it better next time if your called back into.  Otherwise enjoy being out of it.  The Boss man has the hands on now. 

No, I pulled out and made sure the crew was told it was my decision. I don't have time for daycare. Plus this guy is being talked into staying when he should be shitcanned. You can't manage people who are given free license without consequence. Another reason I withdrew.