Ultimate Ultralight?

Kima

6 hours ago, vce12342000 said:

the famous ticker..... I still have mine. I  need to start fishing with it again ;)

HRHlSYV.jpg

I still got a pair of these left . Don't use them all that much because it's kinda of a pain to flip the bail . I got too used to my Shimanos in this regard, But I still love these reels just don't use them often'

On 1/29/2023 at 11:59 PM, KidDkivahh said:

My ultimate UL set up would be a 4-1/2'  Fenwick glass rod paired with a Mitchell 308 reel . 

I'm still fishing my 5ft UL yellow fenwick with a green 716 reel 4lb Trilene XL. 

I had a 308 with a gator grip handle on a 5ft yellow fenwick. I lost it to a carp at lake quinsig when I was 15yrs old. Threw it out with corn then went and threw a hula popper 20yards away in the cove. Heard a splash and it was gone. 

Edited by WorcBoy

14 hours ago, WorcBoy said:

I'm still fishing my 5ft UL yellow fenwick with a green 716 reel 4lb Trilene XL. 

I had a 308 with a gator grip handle on a 5ft yellow fenwick. I lost it to a carp at lake quinsig when I was 15yrs old. Threw it out with corn then went and threw a hula popper 20yards away in the cove. Heard a splash and it was gone. 

When I fished the Lake Quinsigamond for Carp I used my 41/2 foot Fenwick . The one thing I learned quick was leave the bail open . Those giant Carp had no problem taking a rod I learned that lesson losing a rod to them. 

18 hours ago, bass11 said:

My introduction to ultra light fishing was with a couple of French made 308's with an oscillation gear cam.  Sweet reel.  They don't make 'em like they used to.  They hold a very sentimental spot in my heart.  Before that, I never knew fishing could be so much fun.

the french made was OG for sure. 

I live to fish. Not fish to live. 

I fish because things in my head tell me to.

4 hours ago, KidDkivahh said:

When I fished the Lake Quinsigamond for Carp I used my 41/2 foot Fenwick . The one thing I learned quick was leave the bail open . Those giant Carp had no problem taking a rod I learned that lesson losing a rod to them. 

you only make that mistake ONCE lol It was right at the mouth of coal mine brook, so you know how fast that drops off.....

1 hour ago, Sandcrab said:

I had a buddy who used to have an Italian made Alcedo Micron reel. Anyone use them?

Back in the 60s l had Micron and also the Alcedo 5C the bigger brother and Michelle 300 and the 308, l had them all growing up.

Right now the reels l,m using Dawia SS tournament 1300 and Penn 714, Shimano Sierra 2500, and a Dam Finnes 110 there all old but work like a swiss watch. l think l might still have a Cardinal 3.

The rod range from 4.5 to 7 ft mostly made by me.

we used to fish that are and the other side of the bridge behind the " old folks building". The sand bar that ran under the first arch over to the police boat dock. Lots of big trout by the wall and the big city drain pipe. Water was milky white. We'd throw crawlers right against the jagged edge and hold on. 

But yes we were asked to LEAVE NOW many a time. 

Edited by WorcBoy