EricL

fs: brand new, recently released, JDM Daiwa 21 Certate SW 5000-H

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

i ordered 6 of these reels. guys in my fishing circle wanted to get them fresh from japan so i ordered a bunch to make shipping easier in a box.

they took their 4 already. i keep 1, so this one is an extra.

this is a brand new, just released reel. stock is still fairly limited worldwide.

they only really started to send out reels last month to shops in Japan.

pictured is the reel sold.  brand new, unused.

this is the new 2020 Saltiga style Certate, which replaces the 2016 JDM Catalina (Saltigas little sister)

The new 5000/6000 is the same size as the old daiwa 3500/4000 saltiga/catalina

When the Certate SW line was released last year, they did not have a 5000/6000 size yet only 8 10 14 18k.
the 5000/6000 was a very silent release.

Made in Japan.

Please, DO NOT confuse this to the Certate LT 5000 series.  they are totally different class or reels.

they use totally different parts.

Same price i got it for. Imported here already. In my hands, in the US.  No need for you to deal with US customs if any. Dont send low offers. Otherwise, you go order it yourself and deal with overseas waiting/shipping/random duties.

$440 cash local. brooklyn ny 11209

$450 shipped. cash check mo. Ill consider pp.

20220221_130230.jpg

20220221_131654.jpg

20220221_130152.jpg

20220221_130136.jpg

20220221_130126.jpg

Edited by EricL

14 mins ago, vouy said:

Respectfully offer $400 shipped to 74012

no, sorry.

i dont need to lose money for a brand new released item.

im selling same price i paid for it.

only selling to save the headaches for someone here domestic or local, of importing it and dealing with any random customs stuff.

Edited by EricL

Very tempting .. Just one question . This is JDM (Japanese domestic model ). Can be this reel service  by USA Daiwa  or need to be sent to their Japan service site ? 

21 mins ago, genavorn said:

Very tempting .. Just one question . This is JDM (Japanese domestic model ). Can be this reel service  by USA Daiwa  or need to be sent to their Japan service site ? 

Daiwa current does service JDM usually if they overlap the US models.  Hit or miss. But with the techs or service managers working at the US center....they have there last few years.  I dont bother sending anything to the US service centers. They suck.  Its not Daiwa that sucks.  Its the people who works at the centers. They do a bad job.

This model hasnt even been released in the US. Only the larger 8 - 18k.

If i pay $30 ship domestically to the US center.   I dont mind paying $50 to ship it directly to the Japan service shop instead. Where i know they do a much better job and or parts availability directly, cause most JDM reels are made in japan. The parts are there.

Edited by EricL

bump for the weekend.
i can wholeheartedly recommend this reel.

it is a catalina.  it is a Saltiga minus the traverse bearing and inside spool bearing.

i dont know know how else to explain it.